Hondo's Bar

Game Dev Story

Visitant

game-dev-story-interior.png

So I finally got around to picking up a little game for my Droid 3 called "Game Dev Story":

Developed by Kairosoft, Game Dev Story is a simulation-management game in which the player takes charge of a video game development company. As the president, the player must guide their employees—ranging from coders to artists—to produce top-quality and high-grossing games as the company grows from a tiny group to a major and well-known developer.

First off for a game that only cost me two bucks, I haven't been able to put it down. I've damn near run my phone out of battery life a couple times already.

Secondly, I love how EVERYTHING is pretty much an industry in-joke. The way they talk about new consoles (I'm looking at you Virtual Kid) to even the names of many of the people you can hire, many of them being plays on not only famous developers and actors but game critics as well. Would HIGHLY recommend this game.

Since the game is pretty abstract and you never "see" the games that you make but you get to name them as well as your company I decided I'd toss up a thread here about my GDS company and some of the amazing titles we've produced:

--------------------------------------------------------

We here at Umbrella Corp. believe games are more than just something to do when you need the kids distracted long enough for you to sleep with your mistress. We think you should be enjoying the products we produce as much IF NOT MORE SO than your children. Here are some examples of what you can expect from our vast library of games.

The Resident Hill series for the PlayStatus was our first real breakthrough hit. An amazing blend of Action and Horror it sold well over six million units and that's just for the third and possibly final installment. Resident Hill the story of a man trying to find his past in a town he never knew he grew up in. Over time he will have to face all his fears from biological weapons to ultimately himself before he will be able to stare down at the gates of hell itself to find salvation.

Too serious for your tastes? Why not try the Slime Quest series (Also for the PlayStatus)! An Adventure/Monster game you get to take control of a little slime on his quest to free his friend bird-oh from the clutches of the evil Garondof. Level up, and find new friends to collect on your journey. GO FORTH YOUNG SLIME!

Still not good enough? Bounce over to the Intendro DM and pick up a copy of "Yaar You" a game about Pirate trivia. If you're more of a Ninja guy then the sequel "Ry-you" will be ready shortly to get into your hands. We here at Umbrella Corp. believe you have a choice when it comes to games and we want you to choose us.

For those of you playing the Senga Uranus please check out our "Private Dick" series of Detective Action RPGs. I'm sure you will love them.

We'd like to thank our fans for all the support over the years for helping make games like "Silent Pasture" an amazing success. Also a special thank you to all the people who started the company with us, most of whom I've fired for more experienced talent, but helped to make this dream come true none-the-less.

----------------------------------------------------------

So does anyone else play Game Dev Story? If so, i'd love to hear about your fictional company.

(this post brought to you by sleep deprivation and booze)

Archived