Hondo's Bar

So, I've been kicking around on Hulu for anime to watch. It actually has enough that I've just been poking around, finding things as i go and seeing where my interest takes me.

Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar

17jdX.png

Gotta say, this show fully reminded me of why I used to look forward to Toonami in the afternoons. Leaving aside the shit that is GXP which the current Toonami is airing, the ridiculous comedy and action made me watch all thirteen 45 minute episodes in two days. All the Tenchi formula with mechs and a protagonist that knows how to kick ass? What's not to enjoy?

Psycho-pass

YqYXA.png

Psychological future horror taking place in a society where mental health can be scanned and quantified, leading to the incarceration of "latent" criminals as well as the wholesale execution of psychopaths. They've got a gun that makes bodies explode, but it's also got a whale of a villain. I can't wait for it to pick up again in January.

From the New World

ORd3T.jpg

This is that wonderful "let's fuck up some kids" style of post-apocalypse storytelling. It's already been played out in Japan, which makes the five episodes available on Hulu all the more frustrating. Takes place 1000 years in the future, with some fucked up scenes on what came before playing out in those episodes before the kids lives get overrun.

Towa no Quon

fkfy4.jpg

Japanese X-men take. That mostly sums it up, but it was full of action and emotional drama, and I couldn't help but force myself to watch all of the goddamn movies in a row before going to bed.

Frankly, I'd recommend all four of these things. Anybody else with Hulu using it as an excuse to check out the new or old shit that's been around for forever?

• Upvote 1

I fell out of the manga, so i've been avoiding the anime. It hit that kick in the story where everybody had to train to level up with masters that were super leveled up who weren't good enough to beat the leveled up enemies, and I just stopped carin'. Felt like padding.

So, I've been kicking around on Hulu for anime to watch. It actually has enough that I've just been poking around, finding things as i go and seeing where my interest takes me.

Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar

17jdX.png

Gotta say, this show fully reminded me of why I used to look forward to Toonami in the afternoons. Leaving aside the shit that is GXP which the current Toonami is airing, the ridiculous comedy and action made me watch all thirteen 45 minute episodes in two days. All the Tenchi formula with mechs and a protagonist that knows how to kick ass? What's not to enjoy?

I must admit that I find it disquieting that none of the harem appears to be characters I'm familiar with. Half the reason I watched Universe and In Tokyo was because there would be more Washu/Ryoko