Hondo's Bar

Dark Knights Metal

Keth

I5eMF75.jpg

Has anyone been reading this? I haven't, but it sounds like a lot of fun. 

Dark Nights: Metal is a monthly comic book published by DC Comics that began in June 2017 and is scheduled to last until February 2018. Dark Nights: Metal is part of a larger crossover storyline, which include the eponymous six-issue core miniseries, and a number of tie-in books. The plot was written by Scott Snyder, with art by Greg Capullo, Jonathan Glapion and FCO Plascencia. The story closely links with Snyder and Capullo's run on Batman during The New 52 DC relaunch.

The story involves Batman discovering a dark multiverse that exists beneath the core DC multiverse. It is revealed that the dark multiverse is connected to the core multiverse through mysterious metals that Batman has encountered over the years. His investigations eventually result in him releasing seven evil versions of himself from the dark multiverse that invade Earth.

ySQJ1x7.png

l68hmVM.jpg

I didn't read much of Snyder's New 52 Batman stuff, but what I did read I wasn't a fan of (Death of the Family. Blech.) But I really enjoyed his Swamp Thing, though that may be more due to it tying in with Animal Man. I wanna read this though. If anything it looks like it has some fantastic art to it. 

• 7 months later...

So a the hardback of this came into the store and I just finished reading it. Just the main story. The only tie in I've read was The Batman Who Laughs which is great.

This was a blast also. It's also kind of stupid though? It kinda feels like grimdark Kingdom Hearts with a bunch of convoluted exposition and great big speeches about "All roads leading to Darkness" with a cheesy message of hope. But it works, and has alot of literal batshit moments. It's at least as crazy as Spider-Verse was (this kinda works as an evil Bat-Verse). 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the mini review Axels - I'd picked up the batman who laughs one shot but i'd kinda wanted to read the whole metal story since it seemed so absurd and just...fun (in a time where a lot of comics are purposely way too serious). I think i'm willing to give this a shot now.  

• Upvote 1