Hondo's Bar

GOG Galaxy 2.0

Lipala

I'm not sure if people are familiar with GOG (I hope you are). They're the online game store owned by CDProjektRed and focus on DRM free games and restoring classic games that no longer work due to dependency issues. Notably the Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (the originals) had their GameSpy reliance fixed by GOG. In general I try to buy from GOG as one of the only actively non-monopolistic platforms out there. Also their UI design is nice for their launcher (though you don't have to use it, you can just download your purchases from the site if you prefer).

That said, last Fall/Winter GOG announced the beta for GOG Galaxy 2.0 which is a bit of a game changer in the PC gaming space. I just got my beta invite and intend to install when I get home but the TLDR is that when its finished (which is closer than you'd think)     it will integrate with your other launchers and put all your games, whether on Origin, Epic, Steam, Ubi, battlenet, etc. In one place, including achievement and playtime integrations. Further, while this feature isn't in the beta yet, they plan a cross platform chat so you can chat with friends on all those platforms at once from the GOG launcher. I highly recommend

• Thanks 1

I've never known them to be transphobic. There were some meme references on their twitter which were not inherently transphobic but link back to a transphobic rhetoric of belittling people's gender identities, which, frankly, could simply be a cultural disconnect or as simple as, something said jokingly in the spaces of the person who made the tweet not fairing as well on a global platform. The only other "transphobic" thing I've seen had to do with an in game advertisement in a trailer in Cyberpunk 2077 but frankly, in a setting about the absolute commodification and as a result hypersexualization of everyone and everything it doesn't stand out to me as transphobic, rather hypersexualization of someone who happens to be non-binary. I've never understood the point of censoring the more unsettling aspects of art that is in and of itself a satirical critique. It just makes the critique weaker.