Hondo's Bar

The Book of Boba Fett

The NZA

• 1 month later...

www.hollywoodreporter.com

How ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ Will Shake Up ‘Star Wars’

Director and showrunner Robert Rodriguez takes us inside Disney+’s ultra-secretive new 'Mandalorian' spinoff: "We couldn’t believe what we got to do."

• 1 month later...

...so what are folks' thoughts on this so far?

i finished the first episode and plan to keep going, but it's weird seeing so much hype around a later one basically being mandalorian stuff.  not that mando's not the one we're waiting to see more of, but it's not very promising when folks are telling me to just skip the ones about the titular character and go straight for this episode instead :???:

Personal opinion time. Please don't hurt me

I am really loving Book of. It's very lighthearted and a lot of SW we get is super srs. This feels like a palate cleaners before shit gets real in like Obi-Wan. 

Do people dislike it? Yep. Because here's the thing. For literal years, people had in their head what a boba fett show should be (TO THEM). And thing is...they kinda got that with the Mandalorian. So this new show, shows up, and its not THEIR BOBA and its a little campier (in a good way) and just fun in the SW universe and people are losing their shit over it. 

I love being a fan of something but fuck if I don't hate fandoms. Especially Star Wars. Sorry this show doesn't live up to your Boba Fett tat bro. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

that's....damn, i can kinda see it, though.  boba has had a metric fuckton of fanfic stuff despite (probably, because of) his little screentime.  your summary here actually sounds more like what i'd like to see, honestly: KOTOR taught me that side stories tend to be more what i enjoy in the star wars universe than the big chapters. 

also, obligatory:

Idk. Maybe I see it from a different perspective because I never....got Boba Fett? It took me YEARS as a kid to come back to the EU because I picked up whatever book he got out of the Saarlac pit in and went "well that's some bullshit".  When I did eventually get back to reading EU books (In audiobook form) the Boba stuff was....it was ok. 

I always felt like the people around me were SO into him and it just never clicked for me. This show is unabashed fun. It took a fucking Manadalorian episode wedged in there to make the show super srs again and it just doesn't need to be that. 

And yes, I do like cyberpunk space vespa gang. Star Wars works so well when it isn't up its own ass in lore. 

• Like 1