Hondo's Bar

Blade Runner (tv series)

The NZA

Speaking with the BBC on Monday, the "House of Gucci" helmer suggested the "Blade Runner" adaptation is being plotted as a 10-episode series: "We [have already] written the pilot for 'Blade Runner' and the bible. So, we're already presenting 'Blade Runner' as a TV show, the first 10 hours."

Scott said "Alien" was getting a "similar" treatment. A pilot is being written along with a bible of what transpires in 8-10 hours of the show.

News of an "Alien" series was first announced in December 2020. The show is being set up at cabler FX, with Noah Hawley attached as showrunner. FX boss John Landgraf described the project last year as "the first 'Alien' story set on Earth — and by blending both the timeless horror of the first 'Alien' film with the non-stop action of the second, it's going to be a scary thrill ride that will blow people back in their seats."

hyped for this, hyped for an alien one even more!

And then he goes and says this: 

Scott’s explanation for the horrible box office performance? Apathetic millennials.

“I think what it boils down to — what we’ve got today [are] the audiences who were brought up on these fucking cellphones. The millennian [sic] do not ever want to be taught anything unless you’re told it on a cellphone,” Scott said.

“This is a broad stroke, but I think we’re dealing with it right now with Facebook,” Scott added. “This is a misdirection that has happened where it’s given the wrong kind of confidence to this latest generation, I think.”

Scott said he stood firmly by The Last Duel, and the decision-making process at the studio was solid throughout.

• Confused 1