Hondo's Bar

Neverwinter Nights

Benz

Okay, so I got Neverwinter Nights, and I'm finding it to be an excellent game. Graphics are well done, plenty of classes to choose from, the plot's well thought out, but best of all it comes with a game editor so that you can make your own games! Also, when you make your own game, you can use it to play with others on the net or lan without them having to download a thing! That is unless you make or use a hakpack (extra weapons/items/graphics, etc.) then you have to get the hakpack to them. But still, it's really cool. I'm working on my own module (level/game). Also naturally, you can play other people's modules, but most I've found require that you down load a hakpack, usually they give instructions and stuff.

Also if anyone has a character and doesn't know how to level up super fast, let me know, and I have a module specailly made. (You don't have to fight a thing, all you do is have your character walk on this special square I made and Poof! Level up!)

• 3 weeks later...

I just made a pretty cool level in Neverwinter. If anybody's got a copy of the game, it's called Grim's Haunted House. I have a server program, so whenever I can, it's up and running (most of the time). I'm frequently adding stuff to it. If anybody's got any suggestions, lemme know.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, you're right, that game was pretty addicting. Especially making my own maps, putting them on-line and then being DM (Dungeon Master). It was cool, but I gave it up because it was too much for me.

• 3 months later...

I got Neverwinter Nights back up and running, Gold edition, which came with the Shadows of Unrentide Expansion pack. My server is Grim's Haunted House, for those of you with Neverwinter. I'm the DM, obviously, so anything you need, just let me know, and give me your Hondo's screenname, and I'll galadly make it for ya!

• 4 years later...

I know 2's out, but being that I'm a broke ass mofo and no internets for my PC, this is a godsend from my parents when they sent my old games.

I installed it today, and played it a bit. The graphics are low by today's standards, but it's still a really good game if ya like RPGs.

Yeah, I've got Neverwinter nights Diamond edition, it's okay, the plots are great, especially hordes of the underdark, but for some reason on my HD monitor the game doesn't render the character's crotches, so I'm left with a big old blank void under my chest plate's hip guards, weird.

So far I'm in Luskan (Last part of Chapter 2) with a Druid, lvl 12. I've just been running through it to get to the main story, but I've missed some good quests. When I finish HotU, (which I found the code for) I'll probably go back and do everything with a Rogue/Blackguard. (Summon Fiend + Rogue = FTW)

Archived