Hondo's Bar

We're Going to Game 7!!!!

TulipO

TulipO, Bless you for making this topic! REVERSE THE CURSE!!! :D Oh man, if we win do you know how crazy Boston's gonna be?!?! Let's see:

A big city full of Irishmen + Big city full of Irish pubs + 1 hometown baseball team makes it to the World Series in... Ages - A Bambino curse =

Much, Much drunken partying! :D

Hah! If we win, (I hope) you're right tonight's gonna be even crazier.... And if we REVERSE THE CURSE.... Haha! Boston's gonna be one big party!

MLB - Um, you should go get some Holy Water, take it with you to the Sox Stadium, pray casting out demons, and use the holy water, putting it on your thumb, and making crosses on the stadium with it. That'll guarantee the curse to be broken. Won't guarantee a win, but the curse unless it's a serious one, which I doubt it is, will be broken.

I am so annoyed that I don't live close enough to Boston to share in the personal joy first hand! My sister has an apartment there now and everything. However, if they win tonight, I don't CARE about the work I have ahead of me! I am going to be one cheerful little drunk esta noche! I've already e-mailed my profs that if the Sox win all bets are off. My sister said that a few of her profs are considering just cancelling their classes tomorrow (if they win please please please!) because they realize how poor and intoxicated attendence will be! :D

I'm sure they're joking (kinda) but Bucket have you experienced any similar sentiments from your profs? FUCK! I wish I were in BOSTON!!!!!

No such luck. Got an exam tomorrow that I need a good grade in. Gonna work up to the throw of the very first pitch then the nachos are coming out. At least they cancelled Ultimate Frisbee practice so I can be there for the start of the game.

Oh yeah, and Benny, unfortunately Store 24 were out of Holy Water. Any Plan B..?

Actually bucket, any Catholic church in Boston would be more than willing to hook you up. Just make sure you ask a really friendly deacon or priest. However, in Boston, even the most dour of clergymen are probably Red Sox fans. And they probably secretly believe the Pope forgives them for hating the Yankees! :D

Hmmm... I'm in Concord, and I got Holy Water, but it's already too late for that. Besides I forgot they're playing in NY. If they go on to the World Series, we'll have to do a meet up. I'll have ta get tix for that one. I'll download the proper prayers, etc.

And the Church has no alliances with the Yankees... :D The only sports team we oficially support is our new Vatican Olympics team, and I think we have a Vatican Soccer team too. I hear they picked a Cardinal for our announcer.

Yeah...the Yanks would have to score 8 runs at the bottom of the 9th to win. Stranger things have happened (especially where the Sox are concerned) so I won't call it yet...but damn. I can't concentrate on school work right now. :D

If we won the series, you have no idea how crazy it would get up here... Boston is the only city I know that's chock full o' Irish pubs! :D

As for John Kerry, eh... I honestly don't think the City'd go as crazy. I know I'd need a good drink though. :D

As for John Kerry, eh... I honestly don't think the City'd go as crazy. I know I'd need a good drink though.  :D

Oh BS Benny, you just say that cause you aren't supporting him. Bostonians have a longer tradition of passion for politics than for baseball. Sure, maybe the World Series madness would be bigger, but Kerry winning wouldn't just be a drop in the bucket either.

Yeah, I agree it would be big, but people wouldn't go out and party as hardy overthat. Besides, Boston's more divided about Kerry than it is about the Sox. Anyways, yeah there would be some celebratin', but trust me on this, MLB got a very small sampling of things to come if we win the World Series. MLB - You an me gotta at least meet up for an after series party if we win, in one o the good Irish Pubs in Boston!

Oh, right... Exorcisim prayers... I'll post them in a bit and continue working on the game. I'm at my parent's computer right now. Our Furnace overheated and busted, so we only have a few heaters scattered thoughout the house. Not in the Bedrooms though. :D I'm waiting for my batteries to charge up so I can take the comupter from my desk and move it somewhere warmer. Charger's screwed up because it will only charge on my deak for some very wierd reason.

This city is freezing.

You think that's bad... I'm further up north, and the furnace overheated and busted last week. We have no heat except for a few electric heaters in the house... None of them are in my room.

Hopefully next week we're supposed to have new furnaces installed.

When I mentioned Boston was freezing, it was me being sympathetic to your situation Benny.

Meanwhile my radiators make plenty of funny whistling and banging noices to expecting a few breakdowns before the deep freeze is over.

Game 2 tonight baby! Wikka Wah Wikka Wah Wikkka Wild West. Pokey sux, I :D Bellhorn :D

Archived