Hondo's Bar

FLCL

The NZA

B00005TPKX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

MH was on the money: its 6 episodes, about 24 minutes or so each, and its short-attention span theatre, made for those (like da cap'n) who enjoyed Dead Leaves). Lots of weird random things, mostly comedy, some abuse here & there, and cats.

Its fun, its pretty, and its a lotta in-jokes spoofing other anime, especially the "Oh! my goddess" and others notion of beautfiul alien girls coming to the timid boy's rescue/fantasy, only this time, she's pscyhotic and hits him with guitars. A lot.

Its been called "coming-of-age", confusing, etc but its basically a comedy, cant make much more of it than that. Not perhaps the best intro anime, but fans might enjoy it, fun parody stuff with absurdities all over the place.

B00009MECU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

oh man, that South Park was dead-on, and outta nowhere! I caught the Eva one too, funny shit. Matrix was a given, i liked it when they went from manga back & forth to anime, and announced the transition around episode 5 or so...heh.

Didnt quite notice the OST (im playin Samurai Champloo's as i write this), its worth a download then?

I'm very sure you can find it streamming somewhere. Try looking under any viriations of "FLCL" "furri curri" "fooley cooley" "pillows" "Riding on a Shooting Star" good rock :D

the thing is, although the anime is only 6 eps long, it's based on a manga where it tells you more of funny-eyebrow-guy and the sezzy alien masicist. and Beyond.

oh man, that South Park was dead-on, and outta nowhere! I caught the Eva one too, funny shit.  Matrix was a given, i liked it when they went from manga back & forth to anime, and announced the transition around episode 5 or so...heh.

Didnt quite notice the OST (im playin Samurai Champloo's as i write this), its worth a download then?

Archived