Hondo's Bar

Best Carpenter Film

MusicManiac

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

carpenter.jpg

John Carpenter is sometimes referred to as the “master of the horror film.” This is a reasonable title, bearing in mind that he has proved to be not only a director with a visually and thematically consistent body of work, but also a true visionary of the horror genre. Although usually misunderstood and under appreciated by audiences and film critics alike, John Carpenter has created some of the most intense, imaginative, influential and successful horror films in cinema history.

• 3 weeks later...

I think John Carpenter himself says it best in the story at BBC's Film news:

"...now is the season of the remake."

It appears so John, whether we like it or not, and while you're on the subject, why not have a crack at remaking The Fog?...Oh, they are. He goes on to say:

"I have done it once, and I don't want to do it again," Carpenter said. "I did my Fog, and now it's someone else's time. It's very flattering. It's terrific that they want to make it. We have been thinking of doing The Fog over for some time, maybe as a sequel. But now is the season of the remake."

:)

Well I would say it's good that he is on board as the Producer at least. However, is that a good thing or might it hinder a new Director with a new take on it? From the quote above it does sound as though he's been asked, since he thinks it's flattering. Someone obviously wants to make it rather than him just fishing for a remake.

Did anyone else see that on Mr Carpenters IMDB resume? Halloween 9?

Holy Hell. :)

carp1copy2xy.jpg

The Fog 2005

thefog2005poster1aj.jpg

The remake to John Carpenter's classic Horror movie.

The original movie told the story of a dark secret that returns to haunt the Pacific fishing community of Antonio Bay on the 100th anniversary of the town's charter. Carpenter sets the mood in the film's prologue, which features grizzled old sea salt Mr. Machen spinning ghost stories for a group of local children. For his final tale, he recounts the legend of the Elizabeth Dane -- a ship which crashed 100 years ago against the very rocks upon which the children are sitting.

Meanwhile, as the clock strikes midnight on the fateful anniversary of that disaster, eerie phenomena begin to plague the town as a dense fog bank creeps toward the bay. Seeming to appear from nowhere and emitting a ghostly glow, the fog surrounds a small trawler filled with drunken fishermen, who glimpse the vague outline of a decrepit sailing vessel before being brutally killed by shadowy figures brandishing hooks and swords....

Rupert Wainwrights version will involve a storyline that was described verbally in the first film, and because of new special effects possibilities, the Fog will be an actual character.

Archived