Hondo's Bar

Academy Awards 2007

my favorite moments of the night were:

1) when ellen degeneres was opening the show and commented "There's no rhyme or reason to who's going to win. Jennifer Hudson was on 'American Idol,' America didn't vote for her, and she's here with an Oscar nomination. That's amazing. And then, Al Gore is here, America did vote for him, and then ... very complicated."

2) ellen degeneres asking steven spielberg to take a picture of her and clint eastwood for her myspace.

3) the standing o that scorsese received.

i think ellen did a great job hosting and i hope they ask her back next year. i agree that it was one of the better oscars in quite a while.

Aw, give Brad Bird some faith. He's earned it.

Pixar's earned it too. Like I said, I'm reserving judgment. One of my favorite parts of goign to see a new Pixar movie on opening is seeing the teaser trailer for the next Pixar movie, and if I wasn't sitting in a theater about to see Cars (meaning I knew to expect a Pixar Trailer), I would have thought it was a Dreamworks movie. I had my reservations about Cars not being able to maintain the Pixar hot streak of exceptionalism, and I was right. I know Ratatouille will still be fun, but I suspect it'll be the weakest Pixar installment yet. I take no pleasure whatsoever in what I'm saying, so tell me you didn't think the same thing when seeing that trailer. You want it to be as good as The Incredibles, but you're right brain is trying to tell you what you don't want to believe. Much like our Iraq policy, I want to be wrong. The world would be a better place if I wa wrong, but...well, you keep what I'm saying.

Archived