Hondo's Bar

Hayate no Gotoku!

Newtype

Plot Summary:

Abandoned by his parents and given a monumentally large debt as a Christmas present, 16-year old Ayasaki Hayate is at the lowest point of his life. Desperately trying alter his hapless fate, he decides to kidnap someone to hold for a ransom. Due to an ill choice of words, the girl he tries to kidnap misunderstands the action as a confession of love. His plan is totally crushed when he gives his real name out. Realizing his wrongdoing, Hayate proceeds to rescue the girl from the yakuza, who had instead kidnapped her. The girl, as a token of thanks, offers Hayate a job as her butler. Hayate, overwhelmed by her kindness, vows to protect her even at the cost of his life.

16-year-old Hayate is really down on his luck. His unemployed parents are good-for-nothings who waste the money they have on gambling. One day, his parents have racked up a huge gambling debt that they had to sell Hayate to the yakuza for the value of his organs. In a desperate attempt to avoid that fate, Hayate decides to become a “bad guy” and kidnap someone to be held for ransom, but his efforts to do so are mistaken as a confession of love by the girl he targets.

If your a Anime watching whore like me (or not) then you need to watch this. You think after 52 episodes the show or jokes would grow old but it never does. Some jokes however do fall a bit flat due to it being a pun that only a person living in Japan would get. If you need a good laugh and are mood for a great show then try out Hayate the Combat Butler.

If you want to check it out before downloading go here.

I just caught up to episode 8, and I love it! Good choice NewT!!! It's hysterical and super cute. I like the use of parody of different anime implemented into the show! For instance when Nagi saves Hayate and she's dressed like a sailor senshi, I totally dug that! "In the name of money, I'll punish you!" while doing the epic sailor moon stance, I gotta good kick outta that! :ohface:

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Everyones favourite combat butler anime will be returning this summer for a third season, after being confirmed by the 99th volume of the manga. This volume was in fact a gift to those watching paired screenings of the recently released movies "Hayate the Combat Butler! Heaven is a Place on Earth" and "Mahō Sensei Negima! Anime Final."

Hayate the Combat Butler follows the life of the titular character, after his parents sell him to "very nice people" in order to settle some of their large gambling debts. He is eventually rescued by Nagi, an exceedingly rich 13-year old girl who settles the deficit left by his parents. He soon after becomes her personal butler, protecting her from hoards of kidnappers while contending with other butlers, talking tigers and reverse harems.

Archived