Hondo's Bar

New Shows Next Season

Drifter

These are two new shows recently announced that I'm really looking forward to.

Can't get enough Fillion; I miss Drive...

Wiki:

Castle is an upcoming television series starring Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic. Fillion stars as Richard Castle, a famous mystery novelist. Katic stars opposite as the young, whip-smart detective Kate Beckett. It will premiere on ABC on Monday, March 9, 2009, at 10:00PM Eastern/9:00PM Central.

AOL TV News:

Bored with his own success, celebrated mystery novelist Richard Castle teams up with NYPD Detective Kate Beckett to solve the case of a copycat killer who starts recreating murder scenes from Rick's novels. Unfortunately, Rick and Kate clash so violently with each other that there may be another murder in the offing.

I saw a strange add for the show in Time Magazine last issue, it seems interesting... and why is it that every time I see McShane I hear the word "cocksucker"...

Wiki:

Kings is an upcoming TV series coming to NBC, based on the David vs. Goliath story set in the modern day. The series is set in the modern day metropolis of Shiloh, a city under siege where the fighting has gone on for too long and cost far too many lives. When David Shepherd (Christopher Egan), a brave young soldier, rescues the king's (Ian McShane) son from enemy territory, he sets events in motion that will finally bring peace. Suddenly, David is thrust into the limelight, earning the affections of women, including the king's daughter. When he's promoted to captain, he becomes the reluctant poster boy for hope. But for David, the line between his allies and enemies will blur as the power players in the kingdom go to great lengths to see him fall and there's no telling who will win.[1] The series is scheduled to premiere March 19, and will air on Thursdays at 10pm. It is being filmed partially at the Apthorp building in New York City, on Broadway between 78th and 79th streets. [2] An early review of Green's pilot script was called "bold, bizarre, fun."[3]

AOL TV News:

In this modern variation on the David-and-Goliath story, David Shepherd, a brave warrior in a city under siege, wins the gratitude of his king by rescuing the prince from enemy territory. His ensuing fame and rise through the ranks earns him the affection of the king's daughter, but David begins to realize it's getting harder and harder to tell his allies from his enemies.

And evidently, this is real, not a joke promo:

It's unclear if Animation Domination (Fox's Sunday night animation block) will expand into 7:30 or 10:00, because King of the Hill is ending this season, but the 8:30 slot is being filled by another animated series, Sit Down, Shut Up, will be in that slot. That show is made by the creator of Arrested Development and two people from Two and a Half Men. Though Two and a Hlaf Men is crap on a stick, the series stars Henry Winkler, Will Arnett, and Jason Bateman from Arrested Development, as well as Will Forte from SNL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jloS0lAi1xE

Archived