Hondo's Bar

Champions Online

HypnotizinChikns

http://www.champions-online.com/

Anyone going to bet gettin in on this? I'm planning on getting it for Logan as a surprise, but honestly, I'd be lying if i didn't admit I'll be playing as well! I've never played any WoW like games, they don't hold my interest for long, but this actually looks like it might be cool. We could do an entire hondosuniverse and battle it out...or does that make me sound like a huge dork??

:uhm:

Mort has been playing the beta, says it's a lot like City of Heroes. That's not really a compliment, imo.

The character creator is awesome tho. Tons of creative freedom (ie. do your energy beams shoot out of a 3rd eye in your forehead or a tumor on your shoulder or your crotch?) There's no excuse for any 2 characters to look alike, as it should be (I'm looking at you, WoW...).

I'll check it out when it finally releases, prob'ly for a month or so. I don't see it having enough content to grab my attention for the long run.

It IS a lot like CoH/CoV. Mission structure may be a little different but it plays very similar. It's got a fairly robust character creator but they could go a little farther to make it more user friendly. You just have to scroll through lists to find what you like. You can save costumes you've made. I bought CO, just cause I have some coworkers I can play with. Though I doubt I will play much after Aion comes out. And i'll prolly play Aion until WoW 3.3 patch, then go back to Aion when I'm bored with WoW and then go back to WoW when Cataclysm comes out. Oh and I guess there's Star Trek online in there somewhere.

If you're looking for something a little different on the MMO front check out Fallen Earth. Saying it's a Fallout MMO is doing disservice to Fallout but it's a FPSRPGMMO. Played a little of the beta for it. Not really my cup of tea but if you're tired of just bashing the keyboard with your face it's worth a look.

Archived