Hondo's Bar

Fringe

Newtype

Personally thought the musical episode was a bit meh.

But Dunham looked better in that episode in the story that Walter was telling.

I agree, it probably was

Walternate coming across the bridge, because Walter has started a series of events, and it got even more cryptic at the end of the musical episode with one of the watchers on the phone saying he was concerned

Tonight's the Season Two finale!! Just caught up last night, watched the "musical" episode and the final two leading up to the finale. Commence huge chunk of blacked-out text in 3....2....1....

Guess Walternate was here the whole time, and the guy on the bridge was just some dude to illustrate to Peter that he was from the other side, as he too did not get annihilated. Hmmm. Last few episodes brought up more questions than answers, in my mind. They've spent a season and a half establishing that the other side needs to send these half man/half machine shape shifters over cause it's really, really hard to send regular humans, yet Walternate seems to come and go as he pleases apparently with no apparent adverse effects. Why was Newton bringing over bridges and buildings and shit? Who was the dude with Newton in the forest? If Peter was just hallucinating, why show some random dude with Newton?

The two episodes in particular had the feel of a show that wasn't sure if it was going to get renewed and is trying desperately to tie up loose ends. I think there is a larger game a foot.

I'm thinking Walternate is actually a shapeshifter.

• 3 months later...

Every two or three weeks for the last six fucking months I've said to myself "hmmm must check out that fringe show". I finally got around to DLing season 1 and I've watched the pilot. Good stuff so far. I had mixed feelings when I saw it was JJ Abrams doing. Here's hoping it's more Star Trek than Lost.

Archived