Hondo's Bar

Fringe

Newtype

Fringe follows the exploits of FBI special agent Olivia Dunham, mad scientist Walter Bishop, and his son, jack of all trades, Peter Bishop as they investigate aspects of fringe science (rare diseases, chimeras, transhumans with psychic abilities, teleportation, and so forth). All over the world, a series of apparent experiments collectively referred to as "the Pattern" (e.g., a newborn baby who rapidly ages and dies within a few minutes, a bus full of passengers trapped in a strange resin, like mosquitoes trapped in amber) are occurring for reasons unknown. Olivia, Peter, and Walter are in charge of investigating these strange events to determine their source.

Has anybody been watching this?

It's one of the must see shows right now.

The first episode of the new season is on Hulu.

I watched an episode last season, and then this new premier and all in all, it just reminds me so much of The X-Files that it's hard to see it as more than a direct copy. Now, I really liked The X-Files, so I can see that I might like this too... sort of view it more as picking up where X-Files left off, but it's hard to get past thinking that I would like it better if it were Mulder and Scully up there.

The first episode of the new season is on Hulu.

I watched an episode last season, and then this new premier and all in all, it just reminds me so much of The X-Files that it's hard to see it as more than a direct copy. Now, I really liked The X-Files, so I can see that I might like this too... sort of view it more as picking up where X-Files left off, but it's hard to get past thinking that I would like it better if it were Mulder and Scully up there.

This show does give that impression but just so much better.

Plus the gross factor is great.

• 4 weeks later...

In about a week or less, we watched the entire first season. SO. GOOD. Also the actor playing Bell is divine!

Walter is by far my favorite character.

We got the first five seasons for season 2, and I'm so sad that we're closing in on it so quickly... It'll be one more show to add our weekly viewings to along with One Piece, Dexter, and House. I'll have to find another show to fill in the void once we catch up...

Promo vid for Season 2 (I assume it's Season 2 since it has clips from it) with Nine Inch Nails (Zero-Sum)=--\

Such a great pair :2T:

Finally caught up on everything; now we're impatiently waiting for the next episode :D

EDIT:

THAT VIDEO IS FULL OF SPOILERS. A WARNING WOULD BE NICE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN ALL OF SEASON ONE.

Don't click on that link unless you've seen all of Season One. I assumed that since I mentioned Season 2 Promo that people wouldn't view it unless they had seen all the first season, but I guess not. YE HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Finally off hiatus!! I haven't seen the episode that aired yesterday, but the episode before that when it came off hiatus was SO GOOD.

Young Walter looks amazing,

lol. Such a good episode!!!

The best part was the 80's style intro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived