Hondo's Bar

Cupcakes

amynicole

I have a couple of recipe books that are nothing but cupcake recipes. I love to make, decorate and eat them!

If anyone wants a recipe let me know, and feel free to share your own here and talk about your favorite cupcakes!

I really like chocolately ones, or anything with strusel. Yum! Or anything with cream cheese icing.

Cupcake is the best thing since...uh, birthday cake!

They just opened a cupcake shop in Miami called Sweetness Bakeshop Cafe...and boy am I jealous that I moved. They have some very interesting flavors for the delicious morsels like: Monkey Business (banana cake topped w/banana buttercream), Irish Car Bomb (Guinness cupcake with Bailey's Irish Cream filling & a Bailey's/Jameson Buttercream), and whatever those crazy bakers come up with for the week...

The minute I get to Miami, I am heading straight over there just to try one!!!

I have one recipe, but I haven't tried it yet. It's a twist on red velvet, called red hot velvet, and it calls for crushed red hot cinnimon candies, so it may not be what you're looking for. If you want it, I'll

post it.

I have one recipe, but I haven't tried it yet. It's a twist on red velvet, called red hot velvet, and it calls for crushed red hot cinnimon candies, so it may not be what you're looking for. If you want it, I'll

post it.

That sounds delicious! I would love to try the recipe out. :yup:

Red hot velvet:

whisk together 3/4 cup flour, 1/2cup sugar, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tsp crushed red hits, 1/2tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt.

Beat one egg on medium. Beat in 1/3 cup buttermilk, 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar, 1/3 cup veg oil, 5 tsp red food coloring, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.

Beat the dry ingredients into the wet until blended.

Bake 20-25 min @ 350f (180c)

Ice with cream cheese icing ( I think I've a couple of recipes for that if you need it) and top with more crushed red hots. Makes 6 cupcakes.

I have a vanilla cupcake receipe that is to die for.

2 cups self raising flour.

3 eggs.

125g butter (softened)

tablespoon of milk

3/4 cups caster sugar

teensiest bit of vanilla essence (think 3 drops)

Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl, add the three eggs and butter, stir in the milk. Don't over-stir, or the texture won't be right. It's best to handstir instead of machine beat for this reason.

Spoon into patties and cook at 180degrees celcius for 18 minutes.

For icing, I use my mothers recipe.

Tons of icing sugar and an egg white, two spoonfulls of butter and some vanilla essence. Stir until its stiff, refridgerate and wollah!

Archived