Hondo's Bar

Great dfw restaurants

amynicole

We went to one today called chadra mezza and grill for the first time, and it was fantastic! It's in ft worth off of park place. It's Lebanese and italian. They have an awesome buffet, a regular menu, a full bar, hooka, and homemade ice cream. It's affordable ($30 before tip for us and Lauren).

• 5 weeks later...

There's a little hole in the wall restaurant down here in cleburne that you have to try if you're ever in the area. It's called Chaf in. Everything is completely made from scratch. I ordered the roast beef tonight. For $6.95 it came with a cup of beef and noodle soup, which I love their homemade soups, then came the roast beef with brown gravy. It was falling apart tender. It came with cornbread dressing and three veggies ( I got mashed potatos, broccoli with cheese, and corn on the cob) and fresh bread rolls. And then, if that's not enough food you get a homemade dessert, included in that price. Tonight they had strawberry short cake. Everything we have ever had there has been amazing, and we wind up with a bill under $15. Tip and all we are out $20 for two people and always get more food than we can eat. And it's alway good comfort food. Chicken fried steak, BBQ brisket, homemade pudding with merengue. if any hondonians want to come visit me I'll take you to lunch!

There also used to be a place in Dallas (it wasn't really a restaurant, but I wanted to mention it) that was started by a guy named Hamilton Rousseau. It was called "World's Most Famous Soda Pop and Tobacco Shop" IFS ANDS & BUTTS. I think it's moved and been renamed The Soda Gallery, though. That place was cool.

Archived