Hondo's Bar

Paprika

Lycaon

All right, from the imdb page, here it is:

In this Japanese anime epic, humanity's last bastion of privacy has finally been infiltrated by technology, the world of our dreams. The story centers on a new invention called the DC-Mini. With this revolutionary device, psychiatrists are now able to enter a patient's dreams in a therapeutic setting. But when an unknown assailant steals all of the devices, using them to enter peoples minds enacting mind control, chaos ensues as dreams begin to bleed into reality, and the thin line between the conscious and the unconscious begins to blur. Enter a young female researcher named Chiba, who takes it upon herself to delve into the newly anarchic dream world in order to set things straight. In this surreal realm her name is Paprika, and she's out to save the world. Bursting with fantastic imagery and breathtakingly innovative animation.

It's a good movie. Give it a shot (especially in HD).

From what I'm lead to believe (still not seen inception, throw rocks at me) Inception borrows a lot of its thinking from this, and greek mythology.

This would be one of my all time favorite Anime's behind probably Grave of The Fireflies...

If you like Paprika nick, you'd a lot worse than checking out Paranoia Agent by the same director.

Paranoia Agent! I was trying to remember the name of that series the other day. Great anime mini-series--only like 10 episodes or so. And I only have a crappy dubbed version of the film Paprika on my HD, so I haven't watched it yet. I'm gonna watch the subbed version as soon as DoJ or Ly hook me up w/ a torrent link . . . ^_^

huh..movie, you say? that has a much better shot of me watching it than a series.

are maldrons crazy for saying this > Inception, or were they not much alike?

They both involve going into people's dreams and manipulating them. They both have a crazy dreamscape. That aside, Inception involves information, while Paprika concerns outright control.

Paranoia Agent! I was trying to remember the name of that series the other day. Great anime mini-series--only like 10 episodes or so. And I only have a crappy dubbed version of the film Paprika on my HD, so I haven't watched it yet. I'm gonna watch the subbed version as soon as DoJ or Ly hook me up w/ a torrent link . . . ^_^

I'll see what I can do. Are you on Demonoid? If worse comes to worse, we could just get CJ to post a link (Actually I like that better, might be a way to get him on here).

Archived