Hondo's Bar

L.A. Noire

The NZA

I'm finding myself 'going through the motions' on this game, if it doesn't pick up the pace soon I'm giving it up. Perhaps I'm missing out on something, or skipping something entirely that other people are getting, or maybe I'm just used to instant gratification.

On another note, the game pretty much fried a friend of mine's PS3, not cool man, not cool at all.

*strolls on in with the Platinum Trophy* Sup.

If you're the type of gamer who has never gotten into the Rockstar style of sandbox games, this isn't going to be the game to change your mind. There's a nice story behind the game, but the gunplay is ridiculously easy and the exploration isn't as rewarding. What's more, there's no real punishment for hitting another car. You don't steal cars, you commandeer them for policework to no fuss. There's no conflict outside of main or side missions, and the side missions are almost entirely shootfests where I walked around, snap-aimed to an enemy body, and fired until they dropped.

With the exception of the Homicide portion of the game, it's not a bad experience, but I'd hesitate to praise its gameplay for anything.

All Homicide cases were basically the same. If you didn't like the Traffic cases, i'm not sure there'd be much for you moving forward, but I remember the stories of the vice and arson cases being some of the better ones in the game. And if it's just the general gameplay mechanic of Truth Doubt and Lie that's got you down... I'm not sure much will change.

It's not like i've anything better to do so I'll at least try to clear Homicide, but already the clear edge is indeed the fact that it won't just be the same case again and again on other desks. Still fairly disappointed with the lackluster approach to procedure though. Phoenix Wright throws up more red tape ffs.

Archived