Hondo's Bar

Strictly Delicious Desserts

Cathy

I am addicted to sweets! I love to cook and bake. I want to see more recipes for desserts. It doesn't have to be fast recipes, just yummy ones. Here's one to start:

Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies

2 c. Sugar

4 tbsp Cocoa

1 stick butter

1/2 c. Milk

1 c. Peanut butter

1 tbsp Vanilla

3 c. Oatmeal

Wax paper

Bring sugar, cocoa, butter & milk to boil for a minute. Add peanut butter, vanilla & oatmeal. Drop mix on wax paper by teaspoonfuls until cooled and hardened.

If you do it, let me know how it comes out. It's fun to make.

• 3 weeks later...

My sister loves those cookies, but I friggen hate them! Now regular oatmeal cookies are the best. Or snickerdoodles.

I make a good key lime pie, ask Rachael. I'm good at pies. My favorite one I make is my Mammy's chocolate meringue pie. Oh and I love my moms recipe for peach cobbler. I have yet to make these for Rachael bc I think she has settled on the key lime, and wants to stick with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I make a killer guava & cream cheese dessert that makes these American folks up here go nuts!

Ingredients:

1 tube Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll

1 16oz can of Guava Marmalade

1 8oz tub whipped cream cheese

1/2 Tbsp lemon juice

1/4C Sugar

Preheat oven to temp on cinnamon bun package

Roll out the cinnamon buns in an 8x8 glass pan and press down to make a crust (this is very messy but fun!). Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes

In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar & lemon juice

Remove pan from oven. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on top of crust

Pour guava on top of the cream cheese mixture until completely covered (you will use approximately 1/2 to 3/4 of the can)

Place back in oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

Let cool & enjoy.

p.s. Tastes even better after a day in the fridge!

I can see if my grandma has an apple pie recipe, we made them sometimes when I was a kid. I just never got the recipe bc I don't really care for it. We made a lot more coconut merange and chocolate. When I went to her house last year to make a chocolate merange she didn't use a recipe or measure anything, she didn't have a copy of the recipe, so it may be hard to get.

Archived