Hondo's Bar

XO_Manowar_1_NordVariant-657x1024.jpg

har_001_pullboxvariant.jpg

VNXuU.jpg

Remember the old school Valiant? This ain't it. This is more like the Ultimate Universe equivalent. And not the current stuff, either. This is a brand new, updated version of these characters... and its gooooood. I never read Archer & Armstrong (I remember the ads in the old books), but I'm on board. I highly recommend this new direction for the company.

AA_001_CVR.jpg

Edited by Panch

Archer and Armstrong was the shit. I've talked about it somewhere around here. I was dubious about the new book, since BWS isn't involved.

I only ever read one issue of X-O, and it was when it relaunched in the mid-90's. It had a cool little twist. The government took the suit from the original normal guy who had it and gave it to their top soldier. This super badass that did shit like jump out of a plane without a chute because he was going to kill a terrorist on his way down.

So anyway, the guy goes on his first mission and gets shot and dies. They find out the suit reacts to fear, since the badass soldier wasn't afraid, it didn't protect him.

And that's my X-O story. Doesn't the current one take place in medieval times or something?

That it does, but that was like the old school one. Once he comes back to Earth from space its modern times. Don't know yet if this new one does that, cause like I said, its like the Ultimate Universe/Bendis style. One issue of the old is a 6 issue arc in the new.

• 1 month later...