Hondo's Bar

Mechwarrior Online

Visitant

MechWarrior Online (also known as MWO) is an upcoming free to play, action simulation game under development by Piranha Games for the Microsoft Windows platform. Development of the game is being led by Russ Bullock, president of Piranha Games, and is part of a licensing agreement with Smith & Tinker for the rights to create MechWarrior for the Microsoft Windows platform.

MechWarrior Online is a real-time game where one day in the real world is equal to one day in the game. January 1, 2012 is equal to January 1, 3049.[2] Players take the role of piloting BattleMechs, and can align themselves with one of theGreat Houses, form their own Mercenary Corporation, or play as a lone wolf. Of note for this particular timeline in the MechWarrior universe is the impending arrival of the Clans upon the Inner Sphere Houses. It can be extrapolated that this may be the direction MechWarrior Online will head after launch of the basic game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76abFui4lx4

So the open beta starts on the 7th, but if you buy one of the founders packages: http://mwomercs.com/founders right now you can get early access. (They have been doing this for a couple weeks now) The founders packages have some pretty nice perks to them and I've been a huge Battletech/Mechwarrior fan since I was...well lets just say it was a long time ago.

Anyone else looking to hop on board this bad boy? I've already got a few friends from my old FFOnline guild that are going to play with me. I think we're talking about going house Steiner for the various bonuses that faction will give us, (They haven't announced what the faction bonuses are yet) with the possibility of moving over to Clan Jade Falcon when the Clan Invasion starts.

Alright Hondos, lemmie know what you think! I'd love to have some more of you on board with us.

I'm in like Flynn, for the post release FTP game at the very least.

Do you know if the founder perks will still be available after the beta launches? I'd like to get at least a days worth of feedback before going in full bore. That legendary package looks fucking sexy to me right now.

Why YES I do know!

MONTREAL - May 22, 2012 - Calling all MechWarrior® fans! An exclusive MechWarrior Online™ Founder’s Program goes on sale June 19th. It will offer die-hard fans of this beloved franchise valuable benefits including: in-game currency, a custom BattleMech™ ("ELITE" level only), up to a two-month free premium account, a permanent "Founder’s Tag" and more. Dubbed "OPERATION INCEPTION," the Founder’s program gives fans a limited one-time chance to secure exclusive MechWarrior Online game content via two ranks:

$60 ELITE Founder's Package Includes:

• Exclusive custom "Founder's BattleMech." This 'Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
  • $80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
  • Two-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
  • Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
  • Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts August 7th.

$30 VETERAN Founder's Package Includes:

• $40 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
  • One-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
  • Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
  • Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts August 7th.

Legendary gets ALL the perks and I think the additional bonus lasts 3 months I do believe.

Edited by Bindusara

I forgot to add in. Since the game is in BETA right now, you will have access to all these things and once it comes out of BETA, since they will be resetting things server-wise you will still get your 3 months content etc. You won't lose anything. You might lose your stats but you will be compensated for time played and still have access to all those perks.

• 2 months later...