Hondo's Bar

R.I.P. Chris "Mac Daddy" Kelly

I shall wear my undies backwards tomorrow in remembrance.

Rapper Chris “Mac Daddy” Kelly died Wednesday afternoon after being found unresponsive in his Atlanta area home.

Kelly, 34, was part of the 1990s duo Kris Kross, known for their backward clothes and hit song “Jump” from the group’s 1992 debut album.

Kelly was found unresponsive and transported to Atlanta Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, a spokeswoman for the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Officer told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Kelly’s death is being investigated as a drug overdose, Fulton County police Cpl. Kay Lester told The AJC. An autopsy is planned for Thursday morning to determine the official cause of death.

In a statement released early Thursday, Kelly’s mother, Donna Kelly Pratte, and the So So Def Family said the singer’s legacy will live on through his music. The statement read: “It is with deep sadness that we announce that our beloved Chris Kelly has passed away on May 1. To millions of fans worldwide, he was the trendsetting, backwards pants-wearing one-half of Kris Kross who loved making music. But to us, he was just Chris – the kind, generous and fun-loving life of the party. Though he was only with us a short time, we feel blessed to have been able to share some incredible moments with him. His legacy will live on through his music, and we will forever love him.”

:ded: damn, he was my age too...no wonder i liked them so much in the day, heh

weird too, cause there was rumors of him dying of leukemia or something years back, so part of me wasn't sure if he was still alive or not...either way, this shit's always sad to see. RIP.

it's better than the Marky Mark one, arguably INXS as well.

Faint praise indeed.

man, none of ya'll clowning on that "game" even played it...still got my copy!

Oh, I played it. I think I remember my exact words to my friend. "Can we go back to playing Sewer Shark?"