Hondo's Bar

Avengers Assemble

Reverend Jax

Avengers_Assemble_TV_series.jpg

So, much to the dissatisfaction of its fans, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes TV series was canceled after 2 seasons. Why would a TV series that was liked by viewers and critics, with the same characters as the 3rd highest grossing film of all time be canceled? because Jeph Loeb wanted to make way for a series that more closely resembled the look of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and less like the classic comic book character models.

So the first two episodes premiered last week and I just watched the first one, and I'm not sure if I'm interested enough to watch the second one. Frankly, I'm pretty disappointed. They've clearly confused quippy zingers with actual wit and there is no chemistry among any of the characters. They are supposed to really dislike each other, so every ten seconds they throw around passive aggressive insults at one another, but it feels forced.

Anyone else catch this? Do they feel the same way?

Edited by Reverend Jax

No.

I watched both episodes, and the onlu thing that interested me was the promise of a fight at the end of episode two that clearly wont be episode three. The first episode was a truncated version of cap and skull post civil war, and the second was generic villainy. Not very engaging, thusfar.