Hondo's Bar

Oculus Rift

Keth

Oculus Rift is the first promising piece of VR tech ive seen in forever now, and the kickstarter was interesting too...every YT/review i see sounds better. but i dont know anyone with one/havent seen any demo units so im hesitant to speak on it yet...i don't get a hard-on for whatever like techie guys, i need to see interesting software built around it, you know?

that said, current rumor for PS4 at TGS is a VR unveiling, so this might come up soon!

it begins

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/shows/mega64">Mega64</a></b></p></div></div>

(NSFW)

• 2 years later...

LOL! Yeah, right.

I've seen a few tech demos n' puff pieces - looks cool n' exciting, but I don't see myself hookin' up and pluggin' in Matrix-style for some recreation. It's a cool novelty to have, but $600 to experience something you know can't be used for more than an hour before your brain starts to melt - isn't very appealing or even seems practical as a viable gaming investment.

Great novelty, but I don't see a lot of gamers shifting to VR as an alternate. Pure 'that was cool! Okay, enough - my head hurts.' I just don't see spending too much time on something like that...