Hondo's Bar

Rumor: Twins 2

Arnold Schwarzenegger Says Eddie Murphy Loves the ‘Twins’ Sequel Idea

Twins.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

We’ve been hearing about the Twins sequel for a long time now, but it’s been a while since we’ve gotten an update. Josh Gad was hired to write the screenplay, but back in January the writer and actor said that Universal had put the project on hold for the time being — even though everyone loves the script. “Everyone” also apparently includes Eddie Murphy, as Arnold Schwarzenegger has revealed that his potential co-star is thrilled with the idea for Triplets.

The Twins sequel, currently titled Triplets, would bring Eddie Murphy in to co-star with Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito, reprising their roles from the 1988 comedy classic. Murphy would, of course, be the triplet suggested by the title. Schwarzenegger appeared on The Howard Stern Show (via Slashfilm), where he discussed further plot details:

Now we are talking about a sequel, where we find out at the funeral of our mother, that when we read the will, that there’s three of us. Eddie Murphy is going to be the third one and so they go, ‘How did that happen’ There’s an African American coming in here and all of a sudden he’s our brother. So we go to do the research but he can only get the money if we find him, so now we have to get him involved.

Eddie Murphy loves the idea. Danny DeVito and I had lunch with Eddie Murphy over at my house, and we talked about the thing, and we were laughing and laughing the whole meal through because it was such a funny idea. And of course, who wouldn’t like it.

giphy.gif

i dunno..what about you guys?

They've been talking about Eddie Murphy for at least 5 years, his name has been mentioned as the third twin ever since I've heard about this.

I mean, he won't do it because Eddie Murphy doesn't do anything now, but he's been "with" the project for a while.