Hondo's Bar

Alan Rickman dies aged 69

This came out of nowhere. RIP Hans Gruber. You are perhaps the best bad guy in the best christmas film ever.

NZA and Panch and I just watched Die Hard for Christmas! This really bummed me out this morning. I adored him as Snape, Gruber and in Love Actually. :( Gonna miss

cheers.gif LOL! - just marvelous!

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves is one of my most favoritest movies of all time. Those zonky, odd fish-eye close-ups...akin to the cinematography that Barry Sonnenfeld utilizes - always struck a cord w/ me...even way back when (Addams Family). Major influence. I love it. The way it was shot, the performances, the humor, the locales, props...music. RH: POT is such a 90s gem. Remember the POV arrow shot in the trailer? Big deal, back then! LOL - oh, man.

Yeah, my introduction to Rickman was through Robin Hood - didn't catch Die Hard until much later.

giphy.gif

You know, that's a good question--I can't really remember which I saw first as a kid, Die Hard or Robin Hood,Prince of Thieves. I do know this though, RHPoT was my fucking jam! I loved that movie so much. I was a big Robin Hood fan as a kid in general (Errol Flynn and Disney versions), so when that film came out with its humor and anachronistic, semi-historical slant on the story, I ate it up. Rickman was such a great Nottingham. His most iconic roles definitely go Nottingham, Gruber, & Snape in order for me.