Hondo's Bar

Sandman

“I got to take Kirby Howell-Baptiste, who plays Death in the series, aside at San Diego [SDCC] a couple of days ago and I said, ‘Look, this is kind of a bit more serious than the normal conversation you’re going to have with somebody at a convention as an actress. But I have to tell you, this is what I’ve been doing for the last thirty years — people have been coming up and saying this to me, and I guess you need to know as this character that probably for the rest of your life, people will come up to you, and they will tell you about the deaths of people who were important to them, and tell you that you, or the character that you played that they saw on television, got them through something hard, and that’s going to be a responsibility and you’re going to have to kind of live up to it. And it is a gift that I give you and I know you didn’t ask for it because you just signed up to be an actress in a show, but you have this now, too.’”

— Neil Gaiman

• Like 1

2nd-to-last episode down (with finale on hold for shulk tonight)

they're dancing right around the classic DC references like you'd expect them to, while still nailing the beats that inevitably set up morpheus' downfall later on

again, this shit is so good. teri's not yet read a page of it but is all about it too

Im really liking it so far. But for some reason I am very distracted by some of the weird camera work... Some parts seem out of focus, others seem weirdly stretched. I dont know what it is, but there is something... Unpleasant about the look of it. Does that make sense? It may just be me. Maybe I wish it was a bit more stylized too and less... real looking? Its a small flaw in an otherwise great show. I might just be more sensitive to it for some reason. 

I really like the actor playing Dream though. His voice is great and the dude playing Corinthian is fantastic. Real Walton Goggins vibes coming from him. 

Edited by Keth

• 2 months later...