Hondo's Bar

Gaming Industry Rumors

Keth

Red Dead Redemption 2 a-comin'?

Fraghero received an email from a reader who wishes to remain anonymous claiming that the game has been in development for over 4 years and is in fact called Red Dead Redemption 2 : Legends Of The West.

He also claimed that the game will be coming out in the fall of 2017 and Rockstar Games is going to announce it during E3 (which takes place in June) this year. He informed us that the game is going to contain more than one playable character and feature a much bigger open world than the last Red Dead title.

red-dead-redemption-list-01.jpg

Our source claims to have acquired this information from an ex-Rockstar Games employee and has also informed us that a HD remake of the original Red Dead Redemption is in development for next-gen consoles and will be releasing by end of this year.

I'd go so far as to put it in my top 5 games ever made, and it's definitely the most immersive. I've lost time just riding the horse and enjoying the landscape. If they can give me the same areas and more in a sequel then I'm 100% on board no matter what. Gun fights were great, but the exploration made the game for me.

was it for sure in development? i kept thinking it wasn't a lock, but it did so well it does seem obvious...that said, yeah, RDR was one of last gen's best games, and that's from somehow who rarely enjoys open world...cannot wait for 2.