Hondo's Bar

Colin Kaepernick sits during National Anthem

Da Cap'n 2099

For those of you that don't know: Colin Kaepernick is a mixed-race NFL quarterback that was adopted and raised by a white family. He gets paid 14 million bucks a year to play football and has been sitting during the National Anthem for some time now. He was finally asked about it and claimed he wouldn't stand until equality came to black and brown people in America. That, apparently, didn't sit will with people and Facebook/social media has exploded with divisive comments. More specifically, people feel he's disrespecting the flag and the troops that fight and die in its defense.

So, what are everyone's thoughts?

I, personally, believe he's right (about how minorities are treated) and it's his right to do what he wants or why did those troops fight and die for?

I, personally, believe he's right (about how minorities are treated) and it's his right to do what he wants or why did those troops fight and die for?

I think he is right as well. I think that the majority people fighting think they are fighting for the United States and freedom, but in reality almost all of the fighting that has gone on post-WWII has been for the benefit of the Military Industrial Complex.

I really don't think people should be attacking this guy verbally the way that I think that they probably are. I read an article on Fox News the other day (terrible idea) and I decided to look at the comments page (an even worse idea). I don't think I have been more saddened and disgusted in quite some time. People were saying the most spewing the most vile and repugnant mind vomit that I have read in a very long time.

If people don't like what this athlete did, then don't watch him play football. Instead, I bet people are saying vile things which have very little basis in reality. As I don't have social media, I'm only aware of this from NPR news.

For those of you that don't know: Colin Kaepernick is a mixed-race NFL quarterback that was adopted and raised by a white family. He gets paid 14 million bucks a year to play football and has been sitting during the National Anthem for some time now. He was finally asked about it and claimed he wouldn't stand until equality came to black and brown people in America. That, apparently, didn't sit will with people and Facebook/social media has exploded with divisive comments. More specifically, people feel he's disrespecting the flag and the troops that fight and die in its defense.

So, what are everyone's thoughts?

I like this logic. I'm going to start sitting down during the pledge of allegiance at work every morning until educators begin to make wages proportionate to those of professional athletes. We need equality in wealth distribution!

I like this logic. I'm going to start sitting down during the pledge of allegiance at work every morning until educators begin to make wages proportionate to those of professional athletes. We need equality in wealth distribution!

Better hope your union is as good as his! Fight the man, Haku, fight the man.

Regardless what they're actually fighting for, troops should be held in the highest honor for putting their lives on the line each and every day.

Having said that, we enjoy a freedom in this country that most of the rest of the world can only dream about. If a millionaire decides to sit during a song, what right do we have to condemn him? Especially if the reason for sitting is because of injustices to people.

I may be crazy, but a lot of this hate he's getting isn't because of what he did, but because of the color of his skin while doing it.