Hondo's Bar

Raw Speed

Guest Yahve

Sure, now lets all just have toasters in our homes that melt down when we are sleeping. Who needs to smoke in bed when we have a CD laser reactor in our room !

BOOM :D *polar ice caps begin melting*

Dude, I read up on this neat thingamabober. Called a "Punch-Card Reader" It doesnt need ANY transistors...

It's reeaaaallly slow.

AND

None of them freakin star-wars Lasers running about the house. Them lasers ya know, they are the DEVIL ! :D

The multiple laser Idea may work but it may cause some issues as far as compatability with existing Powersupplies You've have to upgrade your supply/Case (if attached) with one that has enough power output fo a second laser, then make sure that same power supply is still compatible with verything else. Be more trouble than its worth. Really I dont see WHY we need a faster access speed that 52x I don't belive theres many loading problems at that speed and even if so Install more of the program to the HD and you can bypass that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the power necesary to both power the laser and move it up and down the radius of the disc is minimal next to the power necesary to spin a disc really fast, isn't it? And even if it's not, power supplies are cheap, and so you would only ship them with new machines. The industry hasn't seemed to hav emuch problem with process not being backwards compadible hardward wise.