Hondo's Bar

Bayonetta 3

Keth

• 4 years later...

Lotta drama going on with the voicing situation in this. 

Originally it was said that the OG actress couldn't come back to Bayonetta because of scheduling conflicts, so Jennifer Hale got the job. Turns out that was bullshit and she called Hideki Kamiya out for giving her a shitty offer, just $4000. 

Everyone knows how blockhappy Kamiya is. He leaned into that way too hard. Never seen a downfall so fast. People are not happy, and now this:

Seriously shitty situation. Dude showed his ass SO HARD. Crazy shit and really disappointing. 

• Sad 1

god.  itchy tasty (book on capcom/RE history) really makes you feel for a young kamiya trying to lead develop RE2 without mikami, and works like okami and bayonetta rightfully garner tons of niche praise.  seeing him plant his flag on this - because of how he usually deals with twitter fuckery - it's a mess. 

VA union all the way, fuck all these corporate workarounds (including hiring big name actors to do VA work)

I know this is a little off topic, but ive had a couple VA friends say that, that's one of the things that kinda sucked during the pandemic for them (aside from the pandemic of it all) was a lot of big names getting into VO because they needed work and it was easy for studios to get the big names in cheaper. So, the smaller names got pushed to the side. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine being so petty and ruining your career over this. She's finished

She definitely got me at first. Take back what i said about Kamiya. Dude knew he didn't have to do anything other than what he always does lol. I just hate this makes any further convos about VO fairness that much more difficult. 

• Upvote 1

no doubt, i did too but i don't think there's shame in siding with labor over corporate, usually - this was just plain fuckery, like axels said, feels like it'll be used as the ongoing fight for fair VA wages struggles

prolly the most disappointed i've been with gaming voice over artists since parappa turned out to be such a shit