Hondo's Bar

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee and Pikachu

Jables

Admin- any chance of putting a 'Lets' in the title to carry momentum?

Also why the fuck is no-one talking about Pokemon Let's Go? It's far-and-away the best remake of the original games to date!

Original 150

no stupid touch screen gimmicks(mixing potions and bullshit i mean)

there are tweaks that just make it better IMO. 

Biggest & best change for my money is that you can now level up your party while catching to your heart's content. I'm not really experienced with Pokemon Go but am told this is the mechanic from that game. 

Also I reckon Nintendo sets a high standard with the Switch peripherals, the Pokeball plus is my favourite to date. Just a well made little piece of kit.

• Really Like 1

I wasn't expecting this one to be as good as it is. I haven't been this addicted since the og red and blue games, so it's fitting that they hook me back in with that original 150. And yeah, I love that wild pokemon just roam around and you only catch and not battle, while trainer battles still being integral to the game. Imma have to get someone to trade a Haunter to, and back, so I can get my precious Gengar.

I'm also giving nicknames to my pokemon for the first time ever. Really stretching my pun muscles here. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Axels said:

I wasn't expecting this one to be as good as it is. I haven't been this addicted since the og red and blue games, so it's fitting that they hook me back in with that original 150. And yeah, I love that wild pokemon just roam around and you only catch and not battle, while trainer battles still being integral to the game. Imma have to get someone to trade a Haunter to, and back, so I can get my precious Gengar.

I'm also giving nicknames to my pokemon for the first time ever. Really stretching my pun muscles here. 

We're gonna need a showcase of these names plz.

It can wait until the sketches are done though because I'm more excited for those!.

On the other end of the spectrum, I can't tell you how much I love saving time by not being hassled to name everything I catch!

Fun story re; Go- I made the mistake of whipping out my switch on the bus the other day and had like an entire class of school aged kids converge on me and asking about the switch and the pokemon I'd caught and trying to trade me stuff with Go. It was hilarious and terrifying all at once.

Another fun story: The game is so accessible my kid can catch stuff. She also evolved one of my Ekans and woke up this morning talking about she dreamt of pokemon catching. Proud dad of a future Pokemaster right here.

• Like 1