War of the Realms

The NZA

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

AVENGERS #18
JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
MARVELS 25TH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
See the greatest heroes of Washington, D.C., in action as the War of the Realms comes to the nation’s capital. Who needs the Avengers when you’ve got the all-new Squadron Supreme of America? But who are these mysterious new heroes, and where did they come from? Only Agent Coulson knows.

anyone reading aaron's thor (as you all should) for the last year knows he's been setting this event up since jane fostet wielded the hammer - it's now crossing over to his avengers book & going full steam, it seems. the new status quo (no more SHIELD, panther leads the avengers and their relationship with the us gov't is worse than ever) sees coulson leading the squadron supreme as america's new superteam - as of the last issue, they were balancing a possible atlantean invasion & a vampire civil war, so this should be busy 

• 2 months later...

you really do - his Thor run has been going for years now, and it hasn't had a weak spot yet. 

six issues should hopefully do it without the usual padding - agreed on the first issue, this might be the fun blockbuster event I'd wanted from world was hulk years ago 

• 1 month later...

3 issues in. Absolutely loving this. It's action packed and the little teams they have going on are crazy fun.

Especially loving Blade, Ghost Rider and co. Not to mention The God Without Fear (Paging NZA)

I am having an issue though where, in the Venom WOTR tie in, after the symbiote leaves Eddie, some witches give him a runestone or something that gives him a brand new symbiote suit (which is fucking awesome). BUT in WOTR #3 Brock Venom is seen fighting with Captain Marvel, then later eviscerated by Malekith. I'm guessing this is ONLY the Venom Symbiote and Brock is still fighting out  there with his new suit. If anyone is following both and can clear this up that'd be awesome.

I haven't been buying comics more frequently than now. I'm excited to read each new issue.

yeah, so far it's the big dumb fun summer blockbuster i'd wanted, only with a few major deaths tied in - i'm admittedly not reading the tie-ins right now 

as for your question axles: yeah man this happens all the time for me though, like a solo title makes major changes & the big event going on after just kinda sidesteps them entirely.  it's always awkward. 

• Like 1