Hondo's Bar

Fleabag

z8Lz5kW.jpg

Has anyone else watched this show? After hearing from EVERYONE that it’s great and watching it win the Golden Globe for best tv comedy, I gave it a shot and ended up binging both seasons in like 2 nights. It’s phenomenal television. Funny. Heartbreaking. Brilliantly written and acted. There will not be a season three and I’m a fucking mess about it. 

It’s about a woman dealing with loss and depression. She compensates with reckless sex and inappropriate humor. It’s a comedy but it’s dark. It lives up to the hype for sure. Also, Andrew Scott is on season 2 (Moriarty from Sherlock) and he is one of those actors who I would watch in literally anything. Ugh. So good. I’m going to miss this show! 

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, alive she cried said:

It's been on my list for a while. Like you, everyone I know that's seen it raves about it. There's only so many hours in a day though, but I'm definitely looking forward to watching it.

Good news is they are short episodes and short seasons! Six half-hour episodes per season so not much of a time commitment at all! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 3:33 AM, the division of joy said:

Legit one of the best shows I've ever watched. PWB is incredible and so are the cast around her, especially Andrew Scott in Season 2.

I actually went to a live screening of the 1 woman theatre show she did of this also. Was hilarious.

I'm so jealous you saw her live! This was my introduction to her but I'm an instant fan!!

• 2 weeks later...

I first heard about her from Solo, but I think S1 of this show had already been out when the movie released. Anyway, I sat down to finally give this a go on Sunday and binged the entire two seasons in one sitting.  I too am jealous DOJ got to see her live. After this last awards season it'll be impossible to get tickets to anything she does for a while.

S1 was legit one of the best things I've seen. Emotional, surprising, honest, hilarious. Fucking amazing.

S2 picked up, but the last two episodes kinda made it fall apart for me. I thought the writing would be better than that. Amazing 10 episode streak there though. *sigh* But those first six episodes in S1 could've been a film-- Oscar Winning film.