Hondo's Bar

New System of a Down Video - Boom!

Reverend Jax

My favorite contempory recording artist (SOAD) has a new video, recorded by one of my heroes, Michael Moore. SOAD went to the anti-war protest in Febuary adn recorded some footage, and not it's a video. The song Boom! is and anti-war song that was released on the collection of previously unreleased songs, Steal This Album! It was recorded prior to this war, but is perfect for it's context. I've uploaded it to my FIU ftp account for any to download. I won't keep it there forever, so download it now!

System of a Down's New Video: Boom!

Ive yet to see that video but its sonuds like one hell of a cocktail. Mr Moore is also one of my heroes and after the work he did on RATM's Sleep Now In The Fire, it has to be damn good.

They couldnt have picked a better song to work on either

I'm checkin out the rage video now. The only rage video I've seen that I really liked was the video for Freedom.

And deacon, as far as

They couldnt have picked a better song to work on either

It's certainly the only one of Steal This Album that is perfect for protesting this war, but it's nto the best song on STA! Mr. Jack, Ego Brain, Chic N' Stu, and Roulette are all arguably better songs. Though Boom! is among my favorites. I'm glad they released it in response to the war, it's just not their best song. They should release "War?" from their first album as a single and video after this one if they war goes on any longer.

'We will fight the hethens! We will fight the hethens! We will fight the hethens! We will fight the hethens!'

They should release "War?" from their first album as a single and video after this one if they war goes on any longer.

I may be wrong but did they already release "War?". i know they released "Sugar" but something tells me they released it.

My favourite song on Steal This Album! has to be "Streamlines" though. Its on the Scorpion King soundtrack aswell.

Oh and JMT. have you ever heard S.O.A.D cover of Black Sabbath's "Snowblind". If I may be so bold, it's probably one of the best things they have ever recorded.

I downloaded the Rage video. Moore directed the video, but was also in it (being arrested).

To my knowledge, War? was never released as a single, and I know it wasn't a video. Sugar and Spiders were singles and video each, but not War? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.

I really can't argue pertaining to anyone's favorite track on STA because they are all so good.

I'm downloading the Snowblind cover right now. I doubt it's as good as some of the other rare SOAD tracks I've heard (Marmalade, Legend Of Zelda), but we'll see.

The best Black Sabbath cover by any band: War Pigs by Faith No More.

It was badass. How many people have no Heaslthcare in America?: "45 million" or "Some old people." Are you people downloading this video? I uploaded for you alls.

And I downloaded Snowblind by SOAD deacon. Nice, but "one of the best things they have ever recorded"? Not likely. Woodpecker from Mars by Faith No More is one of the best things they have ever recorded.

Wow...ok i tried out the Jax upload one but i hate the new windows media tiny window shit, so likin what i say i just grabbed it off Kazaa.

That thing was really cool. Ive been waitin to see more "Sleep now in the fire" type videos, i hope this isnt the last...its short so naturally wont provoke as much thought as, say, Bowling for Columbine but really gets the point across, worth seein no matter what side of the fence youre on.

new windows media tiny window shit? Maybe you shoudl have right clicked the link and hit "save as." I uploaded the whole file to ftp. You shouldn't have tried to just left click the link.

Anyway, true true, more videos liek thsi would be great. I haven't heard anything to supporet this claim, but I'm willign to bet that the "Sleep Now In The Fire" was at least partially inspired by U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name" video, which itself was inspired by the Beatles Rooftop concert.

Woodpecker from Mars by Faith No More is one of the best things they have ever recorded.

You mean System recorded this.

Faith No More's War Pigs is pretty much the exact same, S.O.A.D put their own stamp on Snowblind. Oh and I forgot their other amazing cover. They do a great version of Wu-Tang Clans "Shame On A Nigga".

That is a fine cover. I've started reading Stupid White Men by Michael Moore. I love it. It starts with a quote:

"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency."

- George W. Bush, June 14, 2001, speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.

Don't worry, Dubya, you defeated all three!