Hondo's Bar

Show a little respect 4 The Presidents of the USA!

Reverend Jax

Y'all might remember a little band out of Seattle about 7 years ago called The Presidents Of The United States Of America. They had a radio hit with Lump (She's lump, she's lump, she's lump, she's in my head! She's lump, she's lump, she's lump, she's might be dead!) and a cult hit with Peaches (Moving to the country, gonna eat alot of peaches...Millions of peaches, peaches for me! Millions of peaches, peaches for free!), both off their self-titled debut album:

B000002B9P.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

You might also know them as covering the Buggles' "Video Killed The Radio Star" for The Wedding Singer soundtrack, and as covering Ian Hunter's "Cleveland Rocks" for the theme of The Drew Carey Show.

They had two albums, broke up, released a rarities album (which I've heard is just as good as either of the two studio albums, but have yet to hear), then got back together and have released a third studio album.

The Presidents are a kickass goofy band that have songs about stuff most bands take themselves way too seriously to record (can you imagien a song with the background vocals going meow meow meow for like half the song). If you've only heard the songs I mentioned above, check out my favorite "Kitty", "Boll Weevil", "Dune Buggy", "We're Not Gonna Make It", a kickass cover of MC5's "Kick Out The Jams", and "Body."

To get an idea what this band is all about, check otu the lyrics to "We're Not Gonna Make It":

Wow!?

We're not gonna make it

No, no, we're not gonna to make it

'Cuz there's a million better bands

With a million better songs

Drummers who can drum

And singers who can sing

Deep in my heart, I do believe

We're not gonna make it

Cuz' we don't have the talent

And we don't have the time

And we don't have the patience

And we don't know how to rhyme

Deep in my heart, I do believe

We're not gonna make it

Said no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

We're not gonna make it We're not gonna...

(yeah, uh, bye)

Yep, that's what kind of band this is. My only problem with them is they release short ass albums.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

i'm also a fan of the presidents of the usa.... it's been such a long time since i've heard anything from them. i hear they made a second album, but it had nowhere near the success of the first.

i don't remember which song, but there was one on that album where they kept messing up and starting over again. i thought i was hearing things....

Cellos, I don't remember any cellos from that song. The only version I've ever heard of Brain Stew/Jaded was badass powerful drum/bass/guitar. I have the album in downloaded mp3 form, and the version I have is the same as the only one I've ever heard. Back to PUSA, has anyone heard any songs off the second album of the b-sides collection?