Hondo's Bar

india.arie

The NZA

B00005A1PR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

So, i was put onto this chick by Hearltess, who put the track "Beautfiul" on a mixtape, and i really took to it.

Lookin her up...she got slept on last year cause, she's not beynoce. Despite that pic above, she's by no means a looker, but she's got a beautfiul and soulfull voice, and between her & the Unplugged collection of Lauryn Hill, it's been a cool day over here. :D

So, if youre tired of Ashanti & such, wish there were more artists like Lauryn who can truly sing & talked about all kinds of things, from self to social consciousness, you really gotta try her out...i recommend "I'm not your average girl", and "Beautfiul" to start with. If there's enough demand, ill host an mp3 or two.

Hmm...ok, ill try to put up "Not your average girl" later tonight, its a really great song, id love to put it out there (by the way, look through the jukebox archives, there's a Mos Def & Talib Kweli track or two up there for you, aarty)

hey, thanks nick!! when did you find out about her? she sang "ready to love" on leno a couple of years back i think and i really loved her voice and her lyrics so i downloaded that and video (b/c i think i caught it on MTV2 and liked it...kinda bouncy and a good message). i really like her a lot. shes definitely different. its weird though, i always thought people knew about her and stuff. does anyone know why she had her name changed (legally, i think) to india.arie?

Archived