Hondo's Bar

Steamboy

MetalHeart

SteamBoy.jpg

Information taken from: The Movie Box // Steamboy

SYNOPSIS __________

Plot:

The long anticipated feature cost 2.4 billion Yen (US$20.2m) to produce just a few dollars short of the 2.4 billion Yen that it cost to produce Spirited Away, the most expensive Anime feature ever. In contrast, Steam Boy comprises 180 000 cels, 1.5 times as many as Spirited Away.

STEAMBOY follows Rei, a young inventor living in the U.K. in the middle of the 19th century. Shortly before the first ever World Expo, a marvelous invention called the "Steam Ball", behind which a menacing power is hidden, arrives at his door from his grandfather Roid in the U.S. Meanwhile the nefarious Ohara Foundation has sent men to acquire the Steam Ball so that they can use its power towards their own illicit ends. --- animenewsnetwork.com

DETAILS__________

Studio:

Sony Pictures / Toho Film Distributing Co. Ltd

Release Date:

July 17, 2004 (Japan)

CAST & CREW__________

Director:

Katsuhiro Otomo (Akira)

Screenwriter(s):

Sadayuki Murai

Composer:

Steve Jablonsky

(Pearl Harbor)

Actors/Voices:

Kiyoshi Kodama (Robert Stephnson)

Manami Konishi (Scarlett)

Katsuo Nakamura (Loyd Steam, Ray's Grand Father)

Ikki Sawamura (Dave)

Ann Suzuki (Ray Steam)

Susumu Terajima (Fredy)

Masatane Tsukayama (Edie Steam)

For Trailers, Go to The Trailer Page

and for my particular favorite trailer, CLICK HERE

eeeeeeeee It looks so good! I really want to see it!

Official Japanese Website here

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I saw it the other week...wanted to know if any other Hondo visitors had seen it, and what you thought of it.

I though it was a pretty damn poignant little flick, definately worth the admission price. My favorite scene was where Scarlett was walking up to the shore with the Steam-soldiers, twirling her parasol, and two huge fuckin' cannon balls come zooming past her, killing one of the Steam-soldiers...She is then horrified to find that there is a man inside the metal suit! Pretty sweet if yeh ask me.

steamboy4.jpg

steamboy3.jpg

Yay! A chance to use the spoiler tags:

Cj, Dowe and myself all drooled over when the glass shattered from the building, and it goes all slow like. I think it's featured in the trailure for a short few seconds.. There are a few more but my memory is stupid, and it's been a while since I saw it last. That scene though... so badass lol.

we had watched the japanese version, then went and saw the american version in theaters when it was released. not too happy with it being shortened, but it was still pretty good. The granpa is the fucking best :ohface: lol

• 7 months later...

Archived