Hondo's Bar

I got the skills to pay my bills

Heartlessbitch

picture this, last friday afternoon, just got out of work, and i literally run to go meet my friend jocy for good seats for the talib kweli/beastie boys concert, the running paid off because we got front row, right by the guard rail seats

to be truthful, I dig the beastie boys but i was really there to see kweli (Seeing that he doesn't come out to the west coast all that often) he was awesome, and his energy was really amazing, played a few from quality as well as some of his new stuff from his new album beautiful struggle (which i got bootlegged back in june, but i encourage you all to go out and get the real album when it comes out, i know i will) truly a voice for our times.

the beastie boys gave a really good show worth seeing, and since we were right up front we were literally 3 feet away..you also get your money's worth.. tickets were about 40 bucks but they played such a good set i would have payed more to see both acts.

besides the pretty white kids with problems in front of me, and the high school cats who thought it was a puddle of mudd show (and decided to "mosh" accordingly), and also loosing one earing and a shoe, by the end of the night i stank of booze and smoke, but also came away with one of the best shows i've seen since i saw the stars, and a poster promoting talib's new album(and one for nick too!) here is one of the pics we managed to take when security wasn't looking

for you floridian kids

Oct 18, 2004 Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Office Depot Center

With: n/a

Buy Tickets

Public on-sale:

Saturday, August 28 at 10am

Tickets are available at all Tickemaster ticket centers, charge by phone at 305/358-5885, 954/523-3309, 561/966-3309 or on-line at Ticketmaster.com

Oct 19, 2004 Tampa, FL

St. Pete Times Forum

With: n/a

Buy Tickets

Public on-sale:

Saturday, August 28 at 10am

Tickets are available at all Tickemaster ticket centers and the St Pete Times Forum box office, charge by phone at 813/287-8844, 727/898-2100 or on-line at Ticketmaster.com

Archived