Hondo's Bar

epitaph records

invisiblecola

epitaph records has got to be my favorite record company. buy yourself a couple of punk-o-rama cds (or rock against bush) and they'll soon be your favorite too! epitaph brings you groups like 1208, atmosphere, bad religion, the black keys, bouncing souls, dropkick murphys, guttermouth, horropops, hot water music, matchbook romance, the mathces, millencolin, motion city soundtrack, no fun at all, pennywise, pulley, scatter the ashes, special goodness, us bombs, and the weakerthans (to name a few).

special goodness is a delicious band. as are the black keys

anyone else a fan?

I love Epitaph. Been buying the Punk-O-Ramas for a while now, only missing #1 now, which is not too easy for find for a decent price.

Of the bands I've encountered on the label my stand-out faves (who I have gone on to buy albums from after Punk-O-Rama) are Pulley, Ten Foot Pole, Atmosphere, Motion City Soundtrack and Bad Religion.

Last few times times I've been to Warped, Epitaph has been awesoem with the large amounts of giveaways

I gotta agree with 2track. I'm still a fan of the music, but I guess my tastes have grown and changed over the years. I'm not so much "omgpunkrock!!1!!1!" *pets poor stickeredup car* but I still pop in a few old cd's and relive the past.

Damn it, I will never grow up, like Peter Pan!! :D

I don't know. I don't think punk rock needs to be soemthing you grow out of, I think it can complement a more mature music taste nicely.

I especially think bands like Pulley, Bad Religion, Pennywise, etc, write songs as grown up, honest and meaningful as most artists out there. Or maybe that's just me :D

I think my use of the word grown/grew was the wrong choice. My musical tastes have steered into another direction (industrial/goth/indie/etc). Of course with the help and aid of punk, and before that alternative. I dunno haha. I enjoy all music, but for the past few years, I just haven't listened to it much, nor have I been excited about fighting tweens to the front of a pit for a show. Maybe I'm just gettin old :(

Archived