Hondo's Bar

The Covenant

CjDucky

Saw this last night. It was ok. Nothing thrilling plot wise and a bit predictable as the movie goes on. The climax scene had moments of coolness but overall I felt it was lacking. The special effects however were damn good. The collision between the car and big rig looked as impressive on the big screen as it hinted at in the trailers. For the girls there is an extended men's locker room scene. Overall, if you are one of those who HAS to see every new occult movie in the theater, you should go, but otherwise my recommendation would be wait for the video. As Ruby's Angel said to me last night, a good Witch movie only comes along every 7th or 8th cold day in hell. I'd have to agree and say this wasnt one of those days.

Does that one with Cher count as good?

For the first time in 2 years, the #1 movie at the box office made less than $10M on the weekend. $9M and #1. Makes me wish Clerks two had come out this weekend.....

Jax

A) No... Witches of Eastwick does not count.

B) I believe it was the worst top movie in 3 years.. the last being Dickie Roberts:Former Child Star with David Spade...

So what does count as good? Practical Magic?

No.

The Craft?

Yes.

Hocus Pocus?

As a kids movie? Yes.

The one with Sharone Stone s also the Eastwick one, right?

No. Eastwick was Cher, Susan Sarandon and Michelle Pheifer.

Does Bewitched count as a witch movie?

Yes. but the fact it has Will Farrell in it automaticallu excludes it from being good.

*Edit due to my attrocious spelling*

Right, right. I confuse Stone and Pheifer sometimes.

Yes. but the fact it has Will Farrell in it automaticallu excludes it from being good.

Come on, that's being a bit rough on him. I mean, yes, he does alot of forgetable movies, but it's not like him being in a movie automatically bad. Stranger Than Fiction looks liek it's going to be great.

Yeah I was never under the illusion that this movie was good, I pegged it as shit from the moment I saw the previews. I've only been wrong on that a time or two, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow for example was not as bad as I thought it would be, not great, but certainly watchable.

Yeah, occasionally I forget that movies are capable of being really bad, because I have a good sense to avoiding the bad ones, but occasionally (mostly due to some girl I'm into wanting to see it*) I see soemthing against my better judgment (The Brothers Grimm, Ya-Ya Sisterhood) and MAN!, I remember what 'bad movie' really means.

* This will allow me to foolishly give a lousy movie the benefit of the doubt, but it could never get me to see Batman & Robin for the second time in one day.

What are some other wicth movies. I can't think of any.

Yeah I was never under the illusion that this movie was good, I pegged it as shit from the moment I saw the previews. I've only been wrong on that a time or two, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow for example was not as bad as I thought it would be, not great, but certainly watchable.

Ugh. Sky Captain was awful! I was really looking forward to it only to be crushed by the weight of its suckiness.

Archived