Hondo's Bar

Best DSOTM song

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You've never listened to Dark Side Of The Moon?!? That last poll choice was a joke. I put it there because DSOTM only has 9 tracks. I figure the only people left who hadn't heard it were living in Sudan or something. Do yourself a favor and find a way to set aside about 40 minutes and listen to one of the greatest creative works produced in the 20th century.

KOS - do it drunk/high whilst watchin "The Wizard of Oz" for some fun.  Im not a big Floyd fan but it is a fun album, even while sober.  Still, if you havent heard it/dont ever, i believe catholic dogma says you still dont necessarilly burn eternally, so you should be ok.

I know no about that recommendation. I think that the synchronozation thing is best for those who know the album well. It's not as good if you're listening to the album the first time. Guess I'll never really know for sure, but that's the feeling I get. And I think you're right. It's somewhere in 'Kings': And all those whom shalln't taint thine ears with the foul fury of the dark side of the moon, shall look into His eyes on the day of their judgement and reap ethernally in the brimestone thoust has delivered upon themselves.

Oh well, I wasn't damned long before I ever heard any Floyd, and they's no chance for redemtion at this point.

Its on the 3rd roar of the MGM lion (movie on mute of course), i got it to work fine, but then i was kinda drunk so that didnt hurt. :wineo:

Trick is to pause movie as soon as the cd stops, its gonna havta loop like 3 times.  As i recall, the trick is: the beginnin of the movie goes with beginnin of the disc, the middle with the middle, etc.  Seemed ingenius at the time; anyone else do it?  That leaves a lotta irrelevant shit but the parts that fit are really interestin.  

..but no, he's right, that's not a good idea for the first listen-through, i guess.  Not that you need to be sober to hear Floyd, of course.  KOS - if ya need, i can get a copy of the album made & send it out to ya when i finally send out dem posters, PM me & lemme know.

I downloaded a video file of it cause i didn't want to worry about getting the synchronization right and the second time through and the third time. You can find it my looking for 'Dark Side of the Rainbow'. What I love about that whoel thing is that there are somethings that sync over pretty well, but not that amazingly well, and it's not amazing enough to make it seem possible that isn't a huge cosmic conincidence. I mean, it's not so well synchronized that it could be the score for the movie. Plus, the members of pink floyd are goofs, but would they really create an album that synchronizes to the wizard of oz each time it's played through back before home video players and then keep it a secret for 25+ years. I mean, that's something that could easily have never been discovered (it still boogle my mind to think what mind set someone has to be in to say to themselve: I wonder in DSOTM syncs over with Wizard of Oz, I think I'll try it). I love things that are amazing, but not so amazing that they couldn't be coincidences. Another good example is the Psalms 46 one. ou can check this one out yourself if you don't believe it, all the info checks out: The Kind James version of the Holy Bible was published when William Shakespeare was 46 years old, and in Psalms 46, the 46th word is 'shake', and the 46th to last word is 'spear'. Creepy comsic coincidence, or not?