Hondo's Bar

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

The NZA

Ok, so 107 hours in - and at level 75, cause my impatience woudlnt allow me to hold out for 81 to control beelzebub - i beat this game the other night, was awesome, great ending and all.

but "The Answer" is no fucking joke, and im uncertain i wanna grind for 25+ more hours. seriously debating youtubing this one cause i love the game & its characters, but seriously? suikoden 5 taught me my grinding limit per title and its definitely early into the triple-digit #'s.

got the manga, curious how the anime turned out, too.

Ok, so 107 hours in - and at level 75, cause my impatience woudlnt allow me to hold out for 81 to control beelzebub - i beat this game the other night, was awesome, great ending and all.

but "The Answer" is no fucking joke, and im uncertain i wanna grind for 25+ more hours. seriously debating youtubing this one cause i love the game & its characters, but seriously? suikoden 5 taught me my grinding limit per title and its definitely early into the triple-digit #'s.

got the manga, curious how the anime turned out, too.

I put off "The Answer" until later, most likely the lead-up to P4. Honestly, my first time through P3, and even in the answer, I didn't think too much about what I fused - but that was retarded. Playing through Digital Devil Saga taught me that much - the right way to prepare was to have a wide variety of skills.

Started playing Devil Summoner today, figured I'd hold off on starting Nocturne until the anger I felt at the last few bits of DDS2 bosses faded. It's... different. Not sure I like it too much, but it was eight bucks, so... there's that.

yeah, its the series' way of fucking you when you're unprepared. i idndt play DDS2 like you & newt did, you gluttons for abuse, but i did jump headfirst into nocturne and got whupped the fuck up by simple shit like the 2nd fight with Dante for not bothering to fuse right. i had to study that shit for P3 and it completely paid off, stat and skill-wise...without the skill "Ragnarok" the last boss wouldve owned me, for one. i was just hesitant to blind-fuse and hope for the best, or trade up when id gotten comfortable for creatures with spellnames i didnt know. like in P3, i wanted to fucking marry Kali for keeping me alive so, but later in the game, she's gotta go to make room for shit like Abbadon. idve not know this without gamefaqs and bish, though.

Archived