Hondo's Bar

Celtic Punk

Jumbie

Last time I checked, you could hear 2 minute samples of quite a few Neck and Amadan songs at CDbaby.com, I dunno if they're still there or not, it's been awhile, but it might be worth checking.

And Amber, the reason I advised against it is cause honestly, I'm running low on CDs atm, and if I'm going to burn you something, regardless of genre, I'd rather burn you the GOOD stuff and not fairly crappy material like Cruachan.

I found both on MySpace. Dude, Neck is NOT Celtic Punk--it's fuckin' death metal. Not my thing at all. Amadan are close to Flogging Molly's style yet miles away in execution. The track "Serenity" was pretty good though.

And if you wanna burn AAmber anything then burn her DRUNKEN LULLABIES. One of the greatest albums ever. EVER, says I! :blink:

I found both on MySpace. Dude, Neck is NOT Celtic Punk--it's fuckin' death metal. Not my thing at all. Amadan are close to Flogging Molly's style yet miles away in execution. The track "Serenity" was pretty good though.

And if you wanna burn AAmber anything then burn her DRUNKEN LULLABIES. One of the greatest albums ever. EVER, says I! :blink:

Umm, you found the wrong Neck then. The one I was talking about isn't ON Myspace, that's why I told you to go to CDBaby.

If this makes it easier:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/neck

Unfortunately, there's not as many samples now as there were awhile back, but there's still 3 songs there.

Umm, you found the wrong Neck then. The one I was talking about isn't ON Myspace, that's why I told you to go to CDBaby.

If this makes it easier:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/neck

Unfortunately, there's not as many samples now as there were awhile back, but there's still 3 songs there.

Ahhh... I searched for Neck on Amazon and then found the same band on MySpace. "Irish" Neck need to get their shyte together and get a MySpace page already.

I listened to the 3 samples. "Mcalpine's Fusileers" is the same melody as Flogging Molly's "Drunken Lullabies." Hate to sound like a broken record here, but Flogging Molly is your one-stop-shop for celtic-punk. :blink:

Ahhh... I searched for Neck on Amazon and then found the same band on MySpace. "Irish" Neck need to get their shyte together and get a MySpace page already.

I listened to the 3 samples. "Mcalpine's Fusileers" is the same melody as Flogging Molly's "Drunken Lullabies." Hate to sound like a broken record here, but Flogging Molly is your one-stop-shop for celtic-punk. :)

Actually, McAlpine's Fusileers is older than Drunken Lullabies, so the melody was borrowed by FM rather than the other way around. But yeah, FM is the best of the bunch, overall.

Archived