Hondo's Bar

Celtic Punk

Jumbie

Friend of mine got me to download music from a band called Flogging Molly.

THey're good. It' the strangest combination to listen to punk music that includes a fiddle playing celtic melodies, but it works.

I've got two songs by them. Drunken Lullabyes and What's Left of the Flag. Both are good, but I like Flag more.

speaking of flogging things of the equinary persuasion- don't judge me. I loooves the cheapshots

I'm not interested. If Johnny Cash haven't ripped them off they don't even appear on my radar.

But on this matter, House Band are a really good deal as well. Every track is a different irish music experience. I remember in Cairns one've the bars(Johnno's) used to just have a sunday jam, where the initial act would start & the audience could just join in playing anything from spoons to their knees. Fucking great way to spend a night.

• 1 year later...
Friend of mine got me to download music from a band called Flogging Molly.

THey're good. It' the strangest combination to listen to punk music that includes a fiddle playing celtic melodies, but it works.

I've got two songs by them. Drunken Lullabyes and What's Left of the Flag. Both are good, but I like Flag more.

Flogging Molly are the best! Their last album didn't do it as much for me as "Within A Mile of Home" and "Drunken Lulabies" did. Their Green 17 tour is on the road now. I'm seeing them at HOB tomorrow and can't wait!!!

See if they're coming to a venue near you--the live show is phenomenal!

http://www.floggingmolly.com

Yeah, Flogging Molly are awesome, I love em. I agree, the last album wasn't as appealing as the previous ones though. Generally speaking, I like a lot of bands in the style, besides them, I like Dropkick Murphys, Neck, Amadan, The Pogues, and quite a few others.

You should check out the cruachan i suggested earlier in the thread.

Having heard them and owning 2 of their albums, I'd kinda advise against it, but regardless, they're not really Celtic punk anyways, so not sure they really fit in this thread. Sure, they use Celtic instruments, but so do Waylander and Skyclad, neither of which belong in this thread either...oh well, I suppose if she's interested it can be arranged too.

Yeah, Flogging Molly are awesome, I love em. I agree, the last album wasn't as appealing as the previous ones though. Generally speaking, I like a lot of bands in the style, besides them, I like Dropkick Murphys, Neck, Amadan, The Pogues, and quite a few others.

Flogging Mollyput on an awesome show last night! They played about 4 or 5 cuts off their new album and they blended in quite nicely w/ the rest of the set. Off the top of my head they played "Float," "Requiem For A Dying Song," "Us of Lesser Gods," "Paddy's Lament," and one more that I can't recall the title.

Pogues, in all their various incarnations, also command much love. Dropkick Murphys I'm not so partial to. There asre a few songs I can get down w/ though. And I haven't heard of Neck or Amadan, but I shall seek them out and give 'em a listen.

Pogues, in all their various incarnations, also command much love. Dropkick Murphys I'm not so partial to. There asre a few songs I can get down w/ though. And I haven't heard of Neck or Amadan, but I shall seek them out and give 'em a listen.

Last time I checked, you could hear 2 minute samples of quite a few Neck and Amadan songs at CDbaby.com, I dunno if they're still there or not, it's been awhile, but it might be worth checking.

And Amber, the reason I advised against it is cause honestly, I'm running low on CDs atm, and if I'm going to burn you something, regardless of genre, I'd rather burn you the GOOD stuff and not fairly crappy material like Cruachan.

Last time I checked, you could hear 2 minute samples of quite a few Neck and Amadan songs at CDbaby.com, I dunno if they're still there or not, it's been awhile, but it might be worth checking.

And Amber, the reason I advised against it is cause honestly, I'm running low on CDs atm, and if I'm going to burn you something, regardless of genre, I'd rather burn you the GOOD stuff and not fairly crappy material like Cruachan.

My god. You're more negative than i am. :birf2:

Archived