Hondo's Bar

Aquaria - 2d gaming not dead after all?

gunsmithx

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no one has shown any interest in this one, it looks pretty sweet, much better production values than most indy stuff, reminds me a lot of Ecco, so I figured IC would be all over this.

From the website:

Lonely, restless Naija has spent her entire life wrestling with questions about her identity. We join her as she takes her first steps away from the comfort of home and into new, potentially dangerous waters. Through exploration and magical combat, Naija will unearth the history of Aquaria and connect with beings lost in the depths of time. On the search to discover the fate of her people, her destiny and that of Aquaria's will be forever altered.

screen03.jpg

screen02.jpg

think I'll change the title of the thread as it doesn't scream out what this game is about.

Interesting. Only for the PC?

I'd presume so, the good thing about the PC for a small developer, is that you don't need anyone's permission to develop for it, and the hardware used to make a game is obtainable to anyone who can play a game, no costly development kits. I'm sure if it becomes a hit, cult or otherwise it could be ported to the 360, the Wii or even Sony's big black box of evil, probably through their online services.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

long dead bump up.

This is being ported to Ipad 2 and will be coming in the next couple of months, I know not many of us have one but worth picking up if you do, such a good game, this will be my 4th or so copy of the game(launch, steam sale, indie bundle)

If you haven't played it and love 2d metroidvania type games well worth picking up.

Archived