Hondo's Bar

hulk vs spawn

arc

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ive seen Spawn pull off some pretty impressive shit, back when i read that book, but I dont think he's got much of a shot at Hulk.

Sure, Violator once ripped out Spawn's heart, and he's had terrible shit like that happen to him & survive. But his rip off symbiotic costume, alla hell's energy & those lame add on powers that McFarlane promised but never gave (he became the angel of death or somethin, it gave him an uglier face and the ablility to leave a mark), and even if he did manage to beat Malebolgia, none of that changes the fact that the Hulk is gonna pound him into jelly.

You am little kid with super powers, a la Captain Marvel.  You am overdrawn muscles, to big & bulky to lift your arms over your head, much less win this one.  Me am thinkin youre beat by Hulk, Spawn, Blue Beetle, Puck, Gambit, Aunt May with her umbrella,  etc. :D

Er...Spawn is strong, can teleport, has a symbiotic costume with chains an shit that defend him, can blend into the background/thermal optic, shoots energy beams, good with guns....he's got some powers, but not on par with the Hulk.

You talkin grey hulk, smart hulk, or hulk smash hulk? Cause smash is the one who gets stronger as he gets madder, thats fuckin tough to beat.

Yahven, back me up here, youve read more Spawn - what else can the guy do?  He's got other magic abiliites.

i dont know if hulk could take the current incarnation of spawn.. spawn killed what would be the equivalent of an ancient creature daemons are terrified of.... enemy of heaven and hell, spawn was on par with 'Urizels power.  Spawn is no longer just a hell borne thinge.  he has been giften with power from the Green, mother earth.  Both hell and heaven fear him now as he owes allegieance to nobody and just hangs about doing little deeds.  thats pretty much when i stopped reading... story is decent but too slow.  not much going on per comic before its over. spawn is about near thor level at the  least.... could thor beat hulk?

Spawn is pretty powerful these days in so far as what he does in the comic. I seem to remember that his deal was he could do anything he wanted except that the powermeter was running out. I know the powermeter is all gone now but the strength level should remaiin.

Still, I can't say I've ever seen Spawn do anything as impressive as the hulk has. Being unkillable is certainly an advantage though.

(still haven't voted. I like it that way now. It's better to have the arguments in the open instead of making a snap judgement that you later reconsider)

attention: this is JUMBIE's post ,moron forgot to logout before posting.

Yeah, i stopped readin round there too, but you read past that as well.  What are his powers that i left out tho?

As for Thor...that depends.

The old Thor - directly outta Norse mythology, as Walt Simpson wrote him, was not only a god, but also had the Hulk's property of "make me madder, make me stronger".  It was a great fight to see him vs Hulk but in the end he matched him, hit for hit, but stronger and a lot smarter, not to mention the powers alotted to a god of thunder.

Nowadays....like usual, theyve weakened him a bit to make him more interestin.  

Personally, tho i like both characters, im a bit of a Thor fan, and havin read him more, i think he'd still come out on top, but itd be a lot closer than before.  Ive seen Thor with his power stripped/turned into a frog by Loki/turned into a woman by Alex Ross (?)/ etc but he's massively powerful, and while no reed richards, he's smart enough, battle-wise anyway.

Anyone know what The Celestials are? Theyre the highest rung of Marvel cosmic shit.  Mediocre writin, but theyre the invincibles of that world; Galactus doesnt even fuck with them.  Thor once used one of his lesser-known powers, and focused a part of his god-essence into a beam from his hammer (looked cooler than im describin, obviously). Its the equivilance of tradin in some of your divinity to destroy somethin.  It dented a Celestial's foot, which in turn scared the shit out of several of em - they were wounded by an ant, essentially - and they fled.  

Anyway, Thor's got some off and on cool writin, but the man's got his moments.  Like Superman, he's not the god he once was, but he's still pretty fuckin tough.

Now there's a fight id like to see: Thor vs Superman, no holdin back.

The post above from Akie is actually from me. I'm using his comp at the moment. :D

I read Spawn til about Aug last year. Hw was taking on high level enemies and all.

I dont think that heaven or hell are scared of him as Yahve says. They are scared of the imbalance his actions are causing. Kinda like the first loose stone in an avalanche of other things besides Spawn

I'm still thinking hulk, though I wanna see the Spawn supes fight. We already know how the hulk fight turns out...

And I say we do Batman and Daredevil here too.

and when is Prime gonna get his big moment? :hmph:

1)Why do ya want Spawn to fight Superman? Vs Spidey oughta be a better fight.  Think bout it: Spawn cant take the Hulk, the Hulk apparently cant take Superman, so how does Spawn beat 'im?

2)Batman vs Daredevil is cool.  I like the lower fights; wizard had a cool one with Gambit Vs Nightwing, Deadpool Vs Bobba Fett, etc.  I say Parallax vs Silver Surfer, too. That's my idea, baby.  

3)Never. Prime never gets his day in the sun.  Fuck, now ive garunteed the lil bastard gets a spot.

Has anyone noticed this is a tournament? Hulk VS Spawn is round 2, meanin if Wolvy dont win against Supes he's in the losers bracket, and that sucks.

i dont know.. ill ahve to show nick my comics on urizel.... spawn is defenitelly pulling some grunt grunt i am the god shit. he gets pissed, he turns into this wild and crazed military soldier with with powers that would rival thanos.  spawn is crazy overpowered now. spawn would eat supes for lunch.... spawn being mostly magic, supes super vulnerable to magic.  

id like to believe thor would beat the snot out of supes.   powerwise they are kinda equal but thor has age on his side, he has fought more than supes ever has and that experience would show.  supes has no military training of any kind, he doesnt even know a martial art, he is just a really strong guy.

managment would like to remind every one that the battle between spawn and hulk rages on and as far as thor is concerned he's got a good chance to move on up in the next round but not likely it will be a good match for any true blue comic fans.

now as for the hulk he has done too things that seal spawns fate one the man lifted up a montain once when he was really mad and two he beat the shit out of marvel's equivalent superman gladiator when gladiator tried to shoot his eye rays from a distance hulk jumped at him grabed his face in one hand took the hit and slamed him into a nuclear powerplant he's a recking machine.

Yeah, come to think of it, I recall him holdin up the a mountain, if not more, during Marvel's Secret Wars (!), that...that's pretty tough to beat.  You sure spawny-guy's got somethin on that, Yahven?  Granted, your boy is crazy-overpowered an all, but while Hulk aint cosmic,  there's nothin non-godlike stronger than him.  Ive seen him give the Silver Surfer a run for his money.

hmmm if he can give the surfer a run for his money then i could be wrong then.... ill show you what i have and let you decide... pls show me this hulk vs surfer issue so i can get some more reference material.  my true worry about hulk vs spawn is spawn's ability to take damage, he can dish out far more than he can take... so if hulk does some fast damage, he may win... spawn has gotten pretty bright tho.. he is like a vamp, can turn to mist, teleport, have an endless power source.  summon spirits from the earth plane to fight for him.  hulk would have to rip spawn to shreds repeatedly to kill him... but after the 1st try i think spawn wld try distance attacking after the 1st creaming.    hmmm  isn't hulk pretty magic resistant though?   if im not mistaken he Is weak to psionics...  Moondragon took him down in a snap of her fingers.

i forgot to mention the hulk can clap his hands so hard and loud to pop so ear drums so if spwan can hear it might hurt a lot also hulk for the most part isn't weak to any thing but a beating a long beating he is known for taking on and taking out teams so minions won't be a problem.

i guess ive been apointed spawns lawyer... ill do my best :D

spawn is dead.  he hears.. but not with ears... ye sees but not with eyes... he feels but he is just maggots held in by hellgel.  hulk is suseptible to psionics... but spawn doesnt have that power so its irrelevant. a straight brawl is out of the question.  hulk is stronger physically than spawn... no one is ruleing that out.  spawn, if he were to win, would use magic.  the latest incarnation of spawn is one hell of a wiz.

he uses guns..but htey are usless against hulk.  so its not strength nor weapons but spawn magic vs. hulk smash.  Your right, nothign short of a god can take on hulk... and spawn is pretty much a god at this point.  i dont know how hulk reacts to magics.... how does hulk fare vs. human torch for example... or green lantern for example?  need more info too see if spawn has a good shot.

on a side note.... what of a hulk vs. juggernaut ???

And Juggernaut's no match either, neither is the Thing, who almost got killed last time against Hulk.  Here's where m'boy Wolvy is a good fight: he's quick and uhm he's wolvy.  Juggernaut tries goin toe to toe and finds out that someone canstop him.

Hey Artistic, i know he's powerful and a complete rip, but you sure Gladiator's on par with Superman? Ive seen the X-men take him down...

yhep i'm pretty sure i mean fuck he's even got a kryptonie supplyment some sort of radiation i'm told but we have it have on earth ironic eh eh the order of strenght in mavel is kinda like this hulk strogest thing their is juggernaut then colossus and thing way below these are just the strong guys of course.

Well, Yahven's told me a bit bout Spawn's new powers...he's really, really fuckin inflated since he started.  It sounds like he just might be able to win it, but he'd need prep time or background knowledge of Hulk, at least enough to beat him quickly before he becomes unstoppable.  It seems Spawn still relies heavily on guns over his magic, which puts him at a major strategic disadvantage.  He can't go the distance, but a quick, powerful flurry of all the man's got just might take Hulk down; its been done by less powerful beings, albeit with shit writing.

because spawn sucks ass in fact his own creator won't draw him any more and batman is the man it's just that simple let describe a normal day in the life of bruce wayne in the mornings he usually wakes up around twelve and fisrt thing he does everyday is tell all the ladies that last night was fun now get out after that he goesin his teleporter to where ever it is the jedis live and he beats the shit out of them for a few hours till he get really bored he doesn't kill yoda out of pity but he does through him across the room a lot which is sick but entertaining after this he is off to fight crime for a while and then back to fucking three or four chicks good night o yeah andwalkf.gif?