Hondo's Bar

Code Geass

The NZA

800px-CodeGEASSLogo.jpg

On August 10th, 2010, a.t.b., the Holy Empire of Britannia overpowered Japanese forces and conquered the country with their robotic weapons, the Knightmare Frames, in less than a month. Japan lost its freedom and rights and was renamed Area 11, and the Japanese people are renamed "Elevens" and forced to survive in ghettos, while Britannians live in first-class settlements. Rebel elements persist, however, as pockets of Japanese organizations struggle against the Empire for the independence of Japan.

After his father, the Emperor of Britannia, did nothing to pursue the terrorists who murdered his mother and crippled his sister, a young boy named Lelouch, vowed to destroy Britannia. Seven years later in Area 11, he encounters a mysterious girl who gives him the power of the Geass. With it, he finally has the power that he needs to defeat Britannia and fulfill his two wishes: to seek revenge for his mother and to construct a world in which his beloved sister can live happily.

Heard it mentioned by a few anime fans, some dug it, some didnt...anyone know about/recommend it?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

RESURRECTION!

I seriously hated the show. It never could pick whether or not it was a mecha, political drama, school drama, war drama, racism commentary, or witchburning drama. It made each individual subplot too weak to be interesting for me. Plus the main character - a complete and total douche.

Anyway. Season 2 started this last weekend. More nonsensical shit I'm watching because I want to see if it ever redeems itself, thus making my initial time investment worthwhile. I hate that I got roped into this shit, I won't be happy until I see it done.

RESURRECTION!

I seriously hated the show. It never could pick whether or not it was a mecha, political drama, school drama, war drama, racism commentary, or witchburning drama. It made each individual subplot too weak to be interesting for me. Plus the main character - a complete and total douche.

I just can't bring myself to watch season 2. Thehe main character is a complete and total douche and the rest of the cast are meh. I just hope they all fucking die.

I just can't bring myself to watch season 2. Thehe main character is a complete and total douche and the rest of the cast are meh. I just hope they all fucking die.

Meh, I like to finish what I start most times, unless I find the experience unbearable. It has potential as a show, but they seem to do jack shit with it, which is somewhat disappointing. A show about a supposedly dead son of a king who was betrayed when his mother was killed and his sister was left blind who wants to kill the king for revenge by taking advantage of a conquered nation's desire for freedom using a magic eye that can command people to do whatever he asks but only once, with mechs, sound fucking amazing on paper. And yet they made it only "okay" which makes me feel like a chump for watching. Poorly hidden spoilers below, if somebody could give me the background color tag, that'd be fantastic.

S2's opening episode was... kinda pointless. Lelouche somehow erased his memory, he has a "brother" now who we all know can't REALLY be his brother, and his memory is returned to him at the end of the episode, making people wonder what the fuck happened. And apparently the Black rebellion is totally okay with him being a brittanian. Whatever.

• 2 months later...

How I hate myself.

I sat down and forced myself to watch S2. Don't know how they did it but this show has somehow gotten worst.

Is it just me or is lulu gay?

How I hate myself.

I sat down and forced myself to watch S2. Don't know how they did it but this show has somehow gotten worst.

Is it just me or is lulu gay?

Sorta. I had fun with this latest episode and the fantastic introduction of the anti-geass.

Sorta. I had fun with this latest episode and the fantastic introduction of the anti-geass.

Sorta to he's gay or it's gotten worst?

Is it just me or did the hats look like an ass?

Also your a far better man then me for sticking with this show. I felt my I.Q dropping from prolong watching.

Sorta to he's gay or it's gotten worst?

Is it just me or did the hats look like an ass?

Also your a far better man then me for sticking with this show. I felt my I.Q dropping from prolong watching.

G.F. and her gals watch and gush over it. I don't think it was meant for us, unless it was meant to allow us to talk to our GFs.

G.F. and her gals watch and gush over it. I don't think it was meant for us, unless it was meant to allow us to talk to our GFs.

Of course it was meant for us. The show is just full of fan service for the guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh please. All the girls are girl fanservice, most they have for the guys is the big breasts - but the big breasted girls wear one-piece suits and aren't flirty, they're weepy and relationship-bound. That's for the girls, not the guys. Every single girl in the show is pining after another guy, with the exception of the one who's pining after a dead girl she had a passing lesbian fantasy in. And she's not traditional "hot."

Cj promises to watch this with me. I am holding him to it

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

DON'T DO IT!!!

YOU'LL HATE YOURSELF FOR IT.

There's a reason why I never did recommend this show.

• 2 months later...

Archived